or Connect

Posts by Soul-O

The courts are likely to side with the parent who is staying, especially if both parents have been an active part of the child's life. In my case, I was able to move away with the consent of my ex, but only by giving up pretty much all non-school time (i.e. All vacations) with my oldest two boys. The last time I spent Christmas Day with my oldest two was in 2005 . That said, your best bet is to consult with an attorney who specializes in move away agreements. That person...
I think you are wise to put any permanent decisions off for awhile. You may feel better able to go through another pregnancy when your babies are a bit older and less dependent on you. That said, I completely understand the desire to process this change in advance of actually going through it. Can you talk to a counselor or your pastor about it? Perhaps it will give you some insight and clarity about whether or not to grow your family through biological means. I wish you...
No personal experience, but several years ago I worked as a nanny for a mom who had revision surgery about eight months after having her second child. I stayed with her and the children the whole first week after the surgery because she couldn't physically care for the children at all (her DH was an Air Force pilot and had to fly transatlantic flights that week). Lifting, bending, twisting etc. were painful and difficult for her. Weeks 2-4 were more "light duty" - i.e....
My DH had a vas in Dec 2007, then had a reversal in June 2009. I actually got pregnant right away, but had a m/c. I had two more m/c's before conceiving DS #5 in Feb 2010. My OB at the time told me that m/c due to chromosomal abnormalities are very common within the first six months after VR (presumably because the sperm are not the best quality immediately post-op), so perhaps it's a blessing in disguise that you haven't conceived yet. We have welcomed two beautiful,...
I'm 12 weeks pregnant at age 40. It took us three cycles of trying before conceiving naturally. I had first menses at 11, which is normal for my family. My mom had onset of menses at 10, and went through menopause at 55.
The child care expense is definitely something to be brought up in court. Our decree indicates that child care for work or school is to be shared 50/50. We were initially on the honor system (i.e. One of us pays the full bill and presents it to the other for reimbursement), but eventually, the expenses were worked into the child support calculations instead. My kids from this marriage are now 14 & 11, so no child care is needed. Medical expenses should be handled similarly...
Have you used your state's child support calculator? It should give you the most accurate estimate of what a judge would order in your state for guideline child support. In my case (state is CA - ex still lives there, I live in Germany with my Army DH), I have two children with my exDH. I am a SAHM, so the state imputes approx $1500 per month income to me. Ex is underemployed (and has been for over ten years - grr!) and makes about $3400 per month. Time share is 85/15 in...
Hi Caritasrainbow! 40 and pregnant with (hopefully) baby #7. I will be 9 weeks tomorrow. No OB visits yet, as I don't feel the need to go in until 12 weeks. Six losses have taught me a lot in terms of what can't be done in the 1st trimester . Anyhow, nice to see this thread here. Looking forward to more mamas joining us.
My best advice is to make sure you have clear documentation of every communication you have with your ex. Put everything in writing.
When you say tri-screen, are you speaking of Harmony, Materniti21, or one of the newer free cell DNA tests? Or is the test one of the older AFP or quad screen tests? If it's the latter, then please keep in mind that the test merely assesses risk based on your blood work. It is NOT a diagnostic tool. My DS #5 had two soft markers for Downs at the 20 wk anatomy scan. I declined the amnio the MFM doc was pressuring me to have at the time because I felt that the risks...