or Connect

Posts by peetred

Congrats mama! My Breech UC baby is now 18 months! Crazy! Love breech birth stories. (We didn't know he was breech until he was born)
we also have a facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/NEunschoolers/
done!
i would make it as private as possible, JMO. I agree.. birth is primal. I had a 4 1/2 hour labor with surprise breech.. and I did tones the entire time and just went "into" myself... I liken it to pooping in front of my husband. I can do it in front of him... with no issues.. but if there was a room full of people I would have felt self conscious. You need to be in a place where you can let go without any worries. To me, that is the key to a pain free, amazing birth. But...
Agreed. I am appalled at those who are calling a midwife negligent for attending a breech birth. We can't know what went wrong in this birth, and perhaps this midwife should not have attended a breech birth if she was not properly trained, but negligence for even attending? :(If ANYONE should be attending breech vaginal births, it should be hands off midwives. And being in a hospital doesn't make breech birth safer... if a vaginal breech is performed at all it sure is not...
spinningbabies.com unassistedchildbirth (.org .com? ) can't remember, It's Laura Shanley's site and forum. Gentlebirth.org    
We are in Hastings and have a pretty large homeschool community here. We are unschoolers, which is a little hard to connect with like-minded families. It'd be great to find another family into homeschool/unschool and natural things to connect with in the area. I know some families, but we all live so spread apart, it's hard to get together.  
I would love to win a carrier. I think that cool men's colors and seeing more men wear their babies would encourage my husband to do so.
My son will be 5 in June and said he would love to have a penpal. He really interested in the states and Geography, so it would be really cool to have a penpal from across the country. We live in Nebraska.
Doulasource.org OR lincolndoulas.com (both the same site/group) is a good source for Nebraska doulas. Also, FYI, there are NO currently operating birth centers in Nebraska.