or Connect

Posts by denaverbena

The first cable scarf I made was two sided, now Im working on a beautiful pattern that I really love, but noticing the back looks totally unattractive.  This is the pattern Im using http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rupe.  Do most cable scarves have the pattern on both sides?  I'm looking at other patterns, but can't tell if the pattern is two sided.  Thanks!
What a great idea to embroider their names.  Love that!   I tried to check out your picture TSomm, but is said it wasn't available?
Visit went great!  She actually loved it and keeps wanting to brush her teeth!
Well the visit went great!  She hasn't stopped talking about it since our visit yesterday morning.  Mostly she was excited about the toys they gave her,but also very proud of herself;)  The dentist didn't do much, just a short cleaning.  I did make an effort to be really relaxed and calm, you are totally right Adorkable.  The sunglasses is a great idea too!  Hope your x-ray visit goes well AKA_PI!   
Thanks.  It's just a regular dentist and they don't do an office visit first, just a cleaning.  I hoping her excitement about picking out a toothbrush will help get her through it. 
Yes, I was thinking of holding her on my lap.  Sounds like you both have great dentists, I hope my dentist is great with kids.  i love that idea of letting them explore the office first.  I might suggest that and hope she goes for it!  I'm not going to force anything.  I would just like the dentist to get a good look in her mouth and hopefully a basic cleaning.   
Headed to the dentist in the morning with my almost 3 yr old.  We've been talking a lot about the dentist and acting out a visit to the dentist to try and help prepare her.  I'm still afraid though that we're going to walk in there and she'll refuse to open her mouth or cry and cry and just want to leave.  How did it go on your first trip to the dentist? Any advice?
Headed to the dentist in the morning with my almost 3 yr old.  We've been talking a lot about the dentist and acting out a visit to the dentist to try and help prepare her.  I'm still afraid though that we're going to walk in there and she'll refuse to open her mouth or cry and cry and just want to leave.  How did it go on your first trip to the dentist? Any advice?
Good for you, making your own!  I can imagine how  little ones would slide off mats,  that synthetic material is so slippery.  Months at a time, really?   That's so awesome, what age did you start with them?  Last summer camping with our two yr old was just a drag, we got covered in bug bites and she woke up all night crying and itchy and so unhappy.  I'm hoping for a funnier time this year! 
Whats your favorite sleeping bag and sleeping mat for toddlers?  I'd like a bag that she won't grow out right away and is lightweight but warm so it wont add to much weight to my pack.  I know therm-a-rest has half mats for adults, I was thinking about going with one of those.  What do you use? Thanks!