or Connect

Posts by lsmama

Oh and my baby DD refused the affected breast too to add insult to injury!  I do think the infection changes the taste or something.
I really hope you're feeling better by now, but if not - please take the abx!!! I have had mastitis 3 x as well.  I know, for me, that when it turns flu-like, then I need the meds.  I seem to be especially vulnerable when there is other illness around.  The worst time I had it was when older DD had croup, I was up a lot with her, and ended up with bronchitis and mastitis and 104 myself.  Please try to be as aggressive as you can as you really do NOT want to get an...
Thanks, Altair.  Great to know.  I don't mind if my supply drops as she's drinking cow's milk during the day.  I would like to continue nursing for a while  but do not want to pump anymore.
Hello.  DD turned 1 last weekend.  I've been pumping at work for her since I returned to work when she was 6 months.  I am eager to fully wean from the pump but continue to nurse when I'm home.  Wondering about others' experience.  I dropped from 2 to 1 pumping sessions at work this week and aside from feeling pretty full on my drive home, I haven't had any problems.  The biggest issue, though, is that DD is teething pretty badly right now and wants to nurse a lot more...
Hello.  With DD1, mine came back 10 mos pp.  I was 34.  I'm 37 now and still no AF 13 months pp with DD2.
Oh and one more thing:  my DD began to ate more once we gave her food that was actually seasoned (ie hummus, pasta with sauce, homemade soups, homemade beans) etc.  Just a thought...
Hello.  I can SO relate.  DD will turn 1 year on Saturday and I will begin the process of "hanging up the horns" at work next week.  I am so happy to have made it this far but am so ready to be done pumping at work.  Anyway, my DD is not a huge eater in terms of quantity - definitely prefers to self feed - but she does love whole milk yogurt and cheese, avocado, and hummus, all of which I feel like are pretty calorie rich so I don't worry too much about quantity.  She is...
DD will be 1 year on Saturday.  I am thrilled to have made it to my goal of EBFing  for a year while working FT as a high school teacher.  That said, I am VERY ready to be done pumping at work b/c it has seriously decreased my productivity at work and my sleep and family pay for this on the weekends!  I currently pump at 9:30 am and 13:30 pm.  Any suggestions for how to drop these pumping sessions without getting mastitis?
Hello.  I am a high school teacher of an EBF baby who is now 10 months.  She was EBF until starting solids at 6 months.  I went back at 11 weeks pp but only for 3 weeks (it was June) and then returned to work in Sept when she was 6 months.  Here are some things that worked for me: 1) I use a small office that is primarily used by department chairs.  I have a do not disturb sign and most people know.  I have had a few issues with people needing it for testing purposes,...
I am wearing a 32F now and absolutely adore the Bravado Bliss.  It doesn't have an underwire, but it has really nice seamless molded cups and such great construction that I don't miss the underwire.  It's not cheap, but I can wear it under a white t-shirt and feel confident teaching high school even when I'm feeling so full that I'm counting down the seconds to my pumping session.    GL!