or Connect

Posts by lsmama

Thanks all.  I was actually able to clear the ducts by doing a much better job at massaging and compressing during and after pumping to make sure I'm really emptying.  I watched that Stanford pumping video that someone posted around here and it seems to have made a huge difference.  I think I will continue my am pump on the weekends and gradually taper off.  All 3 of my flare ups have been when I've been sick with another virus (I am a hs teacher and have a DD in...
With older DD, i started at 1  and had great success.  She graduated at 18 mos though she wore a diaper overnight until around 3.  We just started offering in the am, watching her signs, and gradually offering more and more.  She was pretty regular and would typically poop right after lunch and sometimes during her nap.  In the interest of avoiding a poop diaper and protecting the afternoon nap, we would go to herculean efforts to keep her entertained on the potty after...
Hi all.  DD is 8 months old and I seem to have my 3rd case of mastitis.  I've been back at work full time for 2 months and continue to EBF though she gets 2 bottles of my milk per day during the week.  Lately I've been having a rough time over the weekend b/c my body just can't seem to adjust back to just nursing and I have been so loathe to bust out the pump when I have the baby nearby.  That said, I think I have to.  I am prone to oversupply so I've always just offered...
I went to the grocery store this morning and left DH home with 4 year old DD and 7 month old DD who we are currently ecing.  DH is a SAHD and did a great job with ODD who "graduated" around 18 mos, but he's having a hard time catching YDD's cues.  This morning, he suspects YDD is about to go, so he quickly races her to the potty and tries to take off her diaper on the way.  He gets the diaper off and YDD to the potty but not quite in time.  ODD, very excited for Daddy...
I know you're not supposed to do this but I used my PIS sporadically with my DD and then often for about 2 mos when I went back to work when she was 10 mos.  I gave it to my BF and she used it for twins for 10 mos.  Then I used it again for DD2 for 5 months before it gave out.  Great product.  All of our kids are healthy!   GL!
my "issue" is that she really doesn't poo lying down anymore.  we'll have maybe 1-2 poo misses per week when I'm not home and she's with my DH who isn't quite as tuned in to her cues but tries anyway.  the rest of the time she poops like clockwork upon waking in the am somewhere in the 4-5 am range.  i think her little clock is wired early - she goes to bed early (6 - 6:30 pm) wakes once or twice to nurse and then is ready to wake at 4 ish.  she wakes up and pops on and...
We just keep a little potty in the car.  DD has pooped in it several times.  A total lifesaver!  She's pooped in the funniest places! 
I literally logged on so I could post the exact same question.  My DD (almost 8 mos) has been a 4am pooper since she was about 8 weeks.  The only problem is that now she will not go back to sleep after a potty trip which is not good for any of us!  I am a high school teacher and so sleep deprived that I've occasionally ignored her cues in the interest of sleep; however, she seems totally programmed to hold her poop until she gets to the potty.  She's in her crib in our...
Hello.  I think I might have written this same post 5 months ago!  I went back to work briefly when DD was 11 weeks, I was off for the summer, and then went back full time in Sept.  I too nurse on demand (still do!) when I'm with her.  I was stressed about a schedule, but my husband, bless him,  is home with her and told me to relax and that he would simulate her pattern when she's with me.  In the beginning, I think the most important thing is to nurse whenever she's...
ITA with pp's on catching poo's.  We are part-time Ec'ers EC'ing DD#2 who is 7 mos.  We started with older DD when she turned 10 mos and just offered time on the potty.  She caught on quickly and was out of diapers and into trainers by 18 mos.  We actually used disposables b/c we did not have laundry in our apartment then and it still worked.  We focused on catching poop at first (DH is a SAHD and was extremely motivated by the prospect of avoiding poop diapers!) and...