or Connect

Posts by lsmama

I am returning to work as a teacher in 2 weeks.  I had to go back to work in June for 3 weeks only when DD was 3 months.  I went from nursing on demand to pumping 3x per day in addition to the exhaustion of working and mothering an 11 week old and a 3 year old, and I ended up with mastitis which resolved with antibiotics.  Fast forward 6 weeks.  Older DD had croup, baby had a cold, I caught the virus too and we were in the middle of moving, so I ended up with mastitis...
I also notice that my baby's poop turns greener when she's teething.  It seems like excess saliva might contribute but this is purely anecdotal and based on my personal experience.      
Glad to hear you got someone to allay your fears about cancer and hope that the lumpiness goes away soon.   @homemade - what dosage did you take of the garlic, grapeseed, and lecithin?
Thanks for posting this.  I will likely begin pumping in the car next week.  Question:  How long do you pump for?  My commute is about 15 mins, and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it.  I am a teacher, so it would definitely save me time once I get to school.  Thanks!
I've had mastitis 3X - twice this summer with baby #2. The most recent time I had 104 fever, bad flulike symptoms and bad pain.  The antibiotics worked like a charm and I felt better pretty fast.  Baby did not seem to like the taste of the milk on that side which added insult to injury.  I know they say that you don't need antibiotics, but there is no way I could have skipped it.  I was terribly sick and did not want to risk an absess.  Feel better!!  
My DD's poops have been slimy and liquidy since birth.  She is healthy, thriving, growing with no issues.  I think there's a very wide range of normal EBF poop.
I think a nurse-in at Rockefeller Plaza where they shoot the crowds outside the Today Show is in order!
My 5 month old has blessedly just begun sleeping longer stretches at night; however, she's teething and wants to nurse like crazy during the day.  I tend toward oversupply, so I've been block feeding (switching every 2 hours) since she was 3 weeks old.  However, now that she's going 5-6 hours at night, I have been really engorged and in pain.  The nursing marathons during the day have boosted my supply to epic proportions.  I hesitate to pump in the middle of the night...
Hi.  I have the same question/problem however my baby is 5 months and has just started sleeping longer stretches.  I don't have great advice; however, I have had mastitis twice in the past 6 weeks, and the last time I had 104 fever which was no joke.  I am eager to hear what others say in terms of advice.  I, too, would not get up in the middle of the night to pump.  I've recently started pumping around 10 pm. DD goes to sleep at 6:30, I pump at 9 - 10, and she usually...
So this is my 2nd case in over a months (diff breat each time).  DD is 4 1/2 months.  I've had 2 doses of antibiotic so far after suffering with fever 102+ for a few days and doing hot compresses and massage.  Fever is now 103.4.  Anyway, DD is refusing the affected breast.  When I try to pump, I am only getting drops on that side.  What should I do?  I have a freezer stash.  I feel like I need to make sure she's getting enough as it's been so hot lately and her last pee...