or Connect

Posts by lsmama

I'm a high school teacher and I'll be 38 weeks on Sunday.  I've actually felt better the last 3 weeks than I did from 32 - 35 weeks.  Those were the worst for me.  I quit going to the gym at 35 weeks b/c I felt like working out was actually ribbing me of energy.  I've also started going to bed right after I put DD (3 yo) to bed at 7:30.  1 nice strong cup of coffee in the am is also critical for me, though I know others probably would not approve of that.    I hope...
Great story!  I am 37 weeks and still conspiring about how I'm going to get mine out of the hospital and into my parents' freezer (where we'll be staying for a week or so before returning home).  They are a bit squeamish!  The plan right now involves bringing a cutting board, knofe, and covered ice cube tray into the hospital and having DH bring it home in a cooler.  Am I insane?
Damn!  Just got my results.  Is there anything that can be done at this point to clear it up?  I have had 2 friends whose babies got terribly sick b/c of GBS, so I will likely go for the abx if I need to, but I would love to avoid it.  Cannot imagine dealing with yeast on top of tear/hemmroids etc.
Thanks!  I will definitely plan to try this approach.
Mrs - That sounds like a great approach.  With DD quite early on, my LC had us nurse one side per feeding.  I am very intrigued by the thought of pumping one side while nursing the other.  What kind of pump did you use?
I'm currently pg with #2.  With DD (now 3) I was home for 10 months, so I very rarely pumped.  When I went back to work at 10 mos pp, I pumped 2-3x/day to get the one measly bottle she needed until I got home from work.  I am stubborn and was willing to go to those lengths to make it to 12 mos, and then I just nursed at home  and she drank rice or cow's milk during the day, and we continued nursing until she self-weaned at 16 mos.   Anyway, with this baby, I have to...
This might not be super helpful, but I am pg with #2 and just ordered the Bliss.  I REALLY like it.  I nursed DD for 16 mos, and had a range of bras, but nothing blew me away.  In fact I mostly stuck with glamourmom tanks under regular shirts.  But with this one, I am going back to work around 13 weeks, so I need one that will make my breasts look fairly normal under work clothes. This one seems fabulous.  I'm going to wait until baby arrives to order more to see what I...
Hi.  I have a 3 yo and am expecting baby #2.  We live in Long Island City and need a good ped on the east side or, ideally, in the neighborhood.  Any that you recommend?  I have Empire insurance but can call around and see who takes it once I have some names.  Thanks!
 I had a hospital birth with DD (now 3) and will have another when this next one is ready in a few weeks.   Mine was great.  I have a fantastic midwife who only delivers at this one hospital.  I needed my insurance to cover it, so homebirth was out, but ultimately I was fine with that.  I took a Bradley course and used the instructor as my doula.  We made a plan to stay home as long as possible which we did.  I had kind of a strange labor - my water broke at 2:30 am,...
I think this is a really complicated issue.  With my first, my midwife did an amazing job with a complicated delivery and a severe shoulder dystocia.  In the 3 years since, I have researched and researched shoulder dystocia, the risks associated with it, and the likelihood of recurrence.  My midwife is cautiously optimistic about my ability to deliver this baby vaginally.  At first, this ambiguity drove me crazy.  Ultimately, however, I've made my peace with the fact...