or Connect

Posts by caspian's mama

i'm finally hoppin back on this thread. i'm fed up with forever barely making rent & possibly never simultaneously owning a car. i squander any money i do get on crazy neighbors or landlords & i'm always missing my faraway friends. time to take the plunge! 
this thread's pretty old so i hope you've figured it out already but we didn't do anything until he turned 7 and i mailed off the paperwork (with peace signs scribbled all over it). i've heard of a few people not even bothering to register unless directly confronted about it but that would probably take a nosy neighbor or whatnot. best to you and your family on your educational voyage!
okay, i tend to speak before reading fully. i see you're here already. where you at? oxford's pretty close to everything- damned sure better than hauling a$$ all the way up to canada, i mean, limestone!
come to maine!
Quote: Originally Posted by Theia He doesn't pay you child support and is going to take you to court because you don't have enough money to provide a home for you and the child? Maybe if he wasn't such a UAV and paid up you wouldn't have to make this choice. I don't imagine that would make him look all that great in court. here's hoping they agree with you when i file this week to have the support readjusted because that makes perfect sense...
short version: i live in rural maine. if i let my ex (he's not abusive but my living sitch kind of is) take me to a homeless shelter tomorrow because i'm kicked out of my place (and he won't help me pay for a new place), can he legally deny me overnight visitation because i'm in a shelter? can the shelter prohibit it? if that's the case, i'll take my son with me to a family shelter tonight or tomorrow morning instead, before ex gets here. i just have no transportation...
*subbing* not $ ready yet but way and startin my research. namaste, nomads~
thanks, dudes sadly, my mom's pretty much devoid of common sense. she doesn't agree with most of what i do and doesn't understand any of it. she just lucked out that this is illegal. otherwise it would be about me wanting to live in an rv or on a farm or for unschooling. if i can get my ex to calm down enough he will be able to talk some sense into her to impress the full implications of where this could lead because he's worked in group homes for 5 years and knows how...
how can i break this tete a tete? my ex has never been able to see how manipulative my mom is. now she's gone to a therapist about something that could get C taken from both of us and he's still buying her classic brand of horse droppings disguised as caring for her grandson, demanding that i hide and lie to C about my lifestyle because she can't deal with it and he apparently doesn't mind being a hypocrite. they are using my current unemployment to paint me as a bad mom,...
after 3 years of me smoking again i guess she just couldn't take it anymore. my mom told my ex that she's talking to her therapist about my smoking and that the therapist said she is supposed to report me now. my ex is freaking out because he's never been able to accept either his own smoking or how manipulative my mom is. i don't think she intends malice, she's just extremely ignorant. she has no idea, like i do from 7 years of reading horror stories right here, about...