or Connect

Posts by treegardner

Hugs. I'm sure nightweaning can be done while still co-sleeping, but for us that did not work. DS needed to be in his own bed, in his own room, for nightweaning to work for us. We still co-sleep in the mornings, but at night DS sleeps in his own room. At first I was sad about it, but we all ended up sleeping so much better after that change. Good luck!
My sister's birthday is usually within a few days, or sometimes falls on, Thanksgiving, my birthday is Dec 4 and DH's (and his twin) birthday is Dec 18. Luckily, DH and I bought really love Christmas, so we don't mind all the decorations and things, it just adds to it! The only thing that is hard is trying to have any kind of party or get together to celebrate since everyone is so busy that month.
- Scrubbed tub and shower - Read The Doughnuts from Homer Price and Katy and the Big Snow to DS - Made sugar cookies with my sister - Picked up and tired on my matron of honor dress for my sister's wedding - Made super fancy tuna sandwiches and a creamy tomato soup for dinner  
Hmmm, what about Doctor Who? It's a great show and if she's into sci-fi/fantasy stuff this will be right up her alley.  
Been doing that for years, but glad you discovered it.  
People started asking when DS was less than 6 months old and continue to ask now. Because he's 3 now, I've started to get the "don't you think it's time for another" "don't you want to try for a girl" and "don't wait too long or they will be too far apart in age."  
If all I did was care for my child, do chores, and get a full nights sleep every night, I would hardly ever have time for myself. That would much more quickly lead to me burning out, than missing an hour or two of sleep a few nights a week. Also, my son is pretty independent, I don't have to keep him entertained by playing with him. We play games, read, and do other activities together pretty much everyday, but that's for maybe a couple hours at most.   
I also recommend Keeping Score by Linda Sue Park.  
Big yes! I'm just now starting to feel more rested since DS is sleeping so much better since turning 3, but I still stay up way later than i should to have some alone time.  
My son only just started being able to fall asleep on his own for naps and at night in the past 6 months or so. I never thought I'd see the day, my son was exactly what you are describing. Just yesterday, he stopped playing, climbed onto the couch and fell asleep all on his own! I thought something like that would NEVER happen. I know how tough the nap thing is, but eventually my son stopped needed that and was able to fall asleep and stay asleep on his own. Some of the...