or Connect

Posts by LZP

I might suggest renting a hospital grade double-electric pump for the first week or two that you're trying to get supply back up (?) I'm not an expert of course, but it seems like that might make it easier than using the hand-held harmony every couple of hours. Rental costs surprisingly less than I thought it would. And I'm so sorry that you and your LO had to go through all that.
I went back at 10 weeks PP. Our state has no real law about PP leave, so we defer to FMLA standards. I got 8 weeks partially paid due to the C/S. I took 10 weeks off, and am breaking up the remaining leave one day per week for 10 weeks. (According to the law, a person can take FMLA leave in any increment that the employer allows paid time off to be taken, just an FYI for anyone returning to work...) So, working a 4 day week is better than a 5 day week I suppose, and I'm...
Lyndz- your calm is inspirational. sending you many peaceful, come-when-you're-ready-CJ vibes. You and DW must be on pins and needles. Mae- that pic will be a cherished one forever, I'm sure i have some pics of my own to share. still the PITA camera, but a new memory card seems to have perked it up a bit. since AV is smiling more now, and for longer periods, I might get to take a nice shot of here without camera shake from rushing! I also posted an updatein the Aug...
Hi Everyone! I've been reading, but not managing to find the time to post in a long while. Sorry for being MIA. It feels a little strange to be reading about 6 week check ups.... Anna (photos!) will be 12 weeks tomorrow, and 6 weeks ago feels like an eternity to this new mama! The pics everyone has shared are adorable (including on other threads that i've been stalking!) This DDC sure did produce one beautiful bunch of babies! aromamama- regarding the bleeding, I'd call...
another vote for the Medela Harmony. I usually use my pump in style while at work, or if I'm pumping for the babysitter the next day, but for a quick trip like you're mentioning- the Harmony is nice. the soft flange is nice too, seems to get better suction than the hard ones used with the double electric.
giving us a bump. havent checked her DDC yet, but anyone heard from Lyndzies?
today I had a salad with spinach, dollop of goat cheese, handful of grape tomatoes, grilled chicken breast seasoned with italian seasoning, (extra made with dinner last night), handful of WW bowtie pasta, and balsamic dressing. delicious! Put it together in layers so the greens stay crisp, have dressing on the side. I do a variation on a spinach salad many days. If i get bored, then decide to throw it all in a wrap for a while. other good things are make-ahead...
Thanks for the new thread jessica_s! Hope everyone is doing well! I thought for sure that i'd be checking in to see Lyndzies birth announcement. :1whistle. I'm sure you're just waiting patiently over there, Lyndzies! I'm not. saw the nursery reveal- gorgeous!!!!!!!! that room will grow with her for a loooong time. just beautiful. you put my nursery to shame. not that she sleeps in there anyway. it's just where we store her clothes and change her dipe. more later,...
totally DDCC right now. In addition to the "key" titles about BFing, I read So That's What They're For! while pregnant, and loved it. It's a light-hearted, but information-packed book that's a really easy read; especially in those early weeks when you can barely keep your eyes open in the evenings! I really learned a lot about BFing, and it totally seemed do-able. I was excited about it. I had an unwanted, surprise, pre-term c-section, immediately followed by a NICU...
Mae, she is adorable. and WHAT A BIRTH! lucky mama, with such a quick delivery. I hope you're not here reading this, and are instead enjoying your babymoon with DH! yay for HBs again Nanette!! Tear, thank you. we agree. finnegansmom, you made me hungry. jelly donuts were, and still are one of my weaknesses!!! YUM. hope you're feeling better today. jessica, adorable longies. i'm afraid to try wool for some reason. have two wool wrap covers, and have yet to...