or Connect

Posts by inkslinger

We have zero carpet in the home, but I vacuum behind/underneath things about once a week. H has a very large gem and mineral collection full of large pieces that need to be vacuumed around every week. It probably take about 30 minutes to get everything vacuumed. I sweep the main living areas (kitchen, living room ,and hall) daily and mop once or twice per week. If I'm doing ALL of the floors (sweeping and mopping) it takes about an hour or so. Our house is 1400 sq ft.
Last night we had turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and veggies. Tonight I'm looking for a lemon/asparagus/pasta recipe.
I have been a follower for awhile, I found your blog through Pinterest :) It's great!
I have to throw in another recommendation for Sparkle Stories - we love it! My girls love Martin and Sylvia.   My older girls are a lot older than yours, and my 14 month old is still a little bit young for total independent play yet but I have noticed that it varies greatly from child to child. dd1 could play alone for quite awhile, whereas dd2 always needed someone else with her (she still prefers to play with others at age 6)   I like to set up "invitations to...
We use a homeschool charter school and have been very pleased with it. We've been attending for 3 years and have no complaints. Our school is VERY flexible. We choose to use the curriculum provided by the school with some supplemental curriculum that we purchase on our own. The kids are able to participate in school clubs and sports within the school district if we want them to. The school has daily workshops that we can attend if we want to, but we don't have to. We...
I will send you a PM, my daughter will be 9 next month and loves to write letters as well! She had a penpal last year but the girl stopped writing.
I agree, too.
Can you not just throw the whole apple in? That's what I do.
We homeschool for a myriad of reasons. We love to be able to spend lots of quality time together. I love watching my kids learn new concepts and have so much fun learning! We love being able to go on field trips whenever we want. We can travel. We can tailor learning plans toward our children's interests. We're on year 3 of homeschooling and loving every minute of it!
My girls are younger, 6 & 8, but I don't see them quitting dolls anytime soon! I played with dolls until I was 13 or so.