or Connect

Posts by inkslinger

I took the quiz for both of my older girls - very interesting!
We have a microwave but don't use it a ton. I would rather use the toaster oven or stove to heat things up. We use the microwave occasionally but I'm not super comfortable with it. My H is really paranoid about it.
My girls are in 1st and 3rd grade. We attend a HS charter school. It is optional to attend any workshops or classes held at the school, but we usually attend a few days per week (9-11) science or writing workshops. They also play sports (soccer in fall, softball in spring), are in a children's choir, attend children's church one night per week, and regular church on Sundays. They also hang out with cousins and friends regularly. We live about 30 minutes away from most of...
This is pretty much exactly what I've done with all 3 kids :)
I started around 3 months, a very small lovie.
This is what we attempt to do. Lol. There are definite hiccups, we eat processed foods OCCASIONALLY (parties, restaurants, etc.) but for the most part we try to eat clean, real food.   I have endometriosis and am about to start the endo diet - no red meat, dairy, wheat/gluten, soy, processed foods, sugar, caffeine, or alcohol. It's tough, but it has helped with my pain in the past. I've been pain-free for awhile while I was pregnant but the pain is coming back so I feel...
It definitely depends on the child. I have a 7 month old, a 5yo and an 8yo. The 8yo can carry the baby around, no problem, but the 5yo can't. I know several 5yos that can carry babies. Mine isn't very interested in carrying her, and she's also a really small 5yo.
It was 120 degrees here yesterday and I have no desire to turn any heat source in my house on! We've been eating a lot of salads and sandwiches lately.
Last night I made meatloaf with half ground turkey and half italian sausage from our pig. With the other halves of the meat I also made a big pot of spaghetti sauce, which we'll have tonight.
We don't leave any of our kids with others very often at all. My two older girls are 5 and 8, they have spent the night with grandparents and cousins a handful of times, and have had one sleepover at their best friends' (sisters) house. I just prefer keeping my kids close by, I guess. The baby hasn't ever been away from me, and won't be for longer than maybe an hour or so until I'm done BFing her :)