or Connect

Posts by RuthieJ

Thank you, everyone!  I'm so happy to read about peaceful c-section experiences.  Snapdragon, I don't have a choice of which hospital to attend in my area, but I did get a recommendation from a friend for an OB, so hopefully that will work out.  I don't start going to her for care until January, so I won't know until then what her thoughts are on a planned c-section in these circumstances.    Kaydove, thank you for the book recommendation.  I will try to find it in...
Thanks everyone!  I'm happy to say that at 12wks, it's starting to ease off now.  I still get nauseous with some cooking smells, but overall I'm feeling much better.  Good luck to those still suffering!
Partaria, you are most definitely not alone. I'm so sorry you had to go through those ordeals. I think that for those of us who have survived SA, it is definitely not uncommon for birth trauma to trigger the previous SA trauma.  The sense of vulnerability is just so close.  This was definitely the case for me.  My experience was different from yours in that in was my experiences during a homebirth that were the trigger, but I can very much relate to what you wrote about....
Just a little update.  I saw my family doctor yesterday (and got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time!), and we talked about which OB/GYN to go to and what I wanted for the birth.  I told her my concerns about asking for a c-section, and she said not to worry, 'No one's going to fight you on it.'  So I am feeling very reassured.   Thanks again for all the support.  I am still researching ways to help make a c-section birth positive and peaceful, and am...
Oh dear, no one else has a noisy sleeper driving them crazy?
Thanks, everyone.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it to end with the first trimester, but we'll see.  I haven't told anyone yet, so when my parents serve up sausages at suppertime it's all I can do not to run away!
Hi everyone,   My 2-year-old son has always been a 'noisy' sleeper, ever since he was a newborn.  I remember waking every 15-20 minutes in the beginning, because he would 'call out', but was still asleep.  (Now that was exhaustion!)  These days he moans, over and over, very loudly, for a few minutes to an hour, once or more almost every night.  Most of the time he is completely asleep and doesn't wake up.  But I sure do!  He has had periods of 'quiet' at night for a...
My heart goes out to you, jasprann.  It sounds like a really tough situation to be in. The only advice I can give you is time and talking.  Time for the news to settle in for him, and talking together to work out both of your feelings about the pregnancy.  I hope you have others around you to give you support right now too.
I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my third child and suffering with morning sickness (all day).  I didn't have it at all with my first two pregnancies, but this time I can hardly eat anything and diclectin only takes the edge off.  Really hoping there is an end in sight!  Anyone else who has had morning sickness, when did it finally go away?
Thank you for your thoughtful words, HappyHappyMommy.   Thank you so much for sharing, blackeyesusan.  I have so much admiration for you - it takes a lot of strength to know yourself well enough to make a decision that goes against what you always thought you would do. Lots of continued healing wishes to you, because I know the healing process is a lifelong journey.  I'm so glad that after everything you went through, you were able to have a peaceful birthing...