or Connect

Posts by pie_poppa

I have worked as a bike mechanic for over ten years now and I must say that the bike seats they have today are much safer than they ever were. However, it takes more than a good bike seat/trailer to ensure safety. Before you buy: #1 Choose between trailer and bike seat. Trailers are much more expensive, but do offer some measure of comfort because the baby will be closer to the ground, however, many trailers do not have good seat positioning or view so the baby might...
We mustn't forget that in the post modern world we live in it is becoming increasingly difficult to attach truth to or originality to any label, representation, symbol etc. when it is used in any of the humanitarian arts- esp. language. When we say "blonde" we must take into account not just a "real" blonde such as any of those self proclaimed posters on this thread but also the "constructed" blonde"- such as Marilyn Monroe or Suzanne Sommers (or should I more accurately...
Sorry mamapie, I have not yet been able to try your recipe, been busy, it's job hunting season right now, and my last grad semester is starting up. But I will get to it before it's "out of season". Yeah, right, like any pie is out of season at any time of year! I have a few fresh cranberries I was thinking of adding to it along with some grated orange peel... but I absolutely refuse to put any kind of marshmallow topping on anything!
Yo, wud up pb! I just tossed off 35 bucks for a 128MB upgrade from crucial.com and now the little tangerine is aipping along quite well. I'll wait awhile after the new imacs get cheap before I put down for a new system. Thanks for the info and interesting story, the only one I've heard that combined a weightlifting video with indorr cycling, that is quite bizarre.
Yes, I bike. I still moonlight as a mechanic at the local bike shop, where incidentally I met my wife, pina la nina. I used to race, at the height of my road racing mania I did about forty races, from March to October. This does not include the 4 or five indoor "roller" races we did in February. I always wished I had gotten into racing earlier, I didn'y start until I was out of college. I've been in a few pretty cool pelotons, a few of which included Mike McCarthy,...
I think if we look at the percentages, there are about as many posts here by men as there are number of times wives are out in the garage changing the oil. If you want to really know where all the dads are spending there posting time, go to a page like the technical section of mtbreview, just insert the word "child" for any of the various bike parts being discussed, and you'll have a pretty good "fathering" discussion board.
Okay, okay! I am posting in to this discussion. Why did I choose the name "pie_poppa"? Well I guess its because I began a quest many years ago to make the ultimate homemade pizza pie, and after a little bit of learning finally got the hang of it. I won my wife's heart several years ago because I made her a birthday pizza pie, I think I shocked her a little bit because she didn't think I'd follow through with it but she had no idea how much I loved to cook and share with...