or Connect

Posts by naturechicplus1

the amount of dread I feel is hard to describe!  I was sick for 15 weeks with DS (I know some have had it worse).  Off and on throwing up, but mostly just an all day, all night empty aching yucky nauseous feeling.  I lost weight and could hardly eat a thing.   I am 5 weeks tomorrow and have started feeling worse the past 2 days.  sigh....I was really hoping this time would be different.  Anyone have any m/s in the past that went away or didn't get worse, instead of...
I'm interested to know about telling the current child.  My DS has just turned 3.  He has not been asking for a little brother or sister.  Whenever we ask him if he wants one, he sort of says, no, maybe, yes, depending on when we ask and what we talk about (like how many fun things will come along with having a little sibling).  He knows about babies in bellies and such, but certainly not the whole deal!   If anyone can share their experiences with that I would really...
I am not sure what to do about telling people either.  I have told a couple of very close friends (that I would be confiding in and looking to for support if there was a problem anyway).  We are going to see my parents next week, as well as most of my family and a lot of my really good friends who don't live near us.  I am suspecting I will be at least a little sick, and I would rather have a fun announcement than a "hey why do you look so tired and green?" but I will...
We will plan a homebirth and hopefully actually have one this time!  My son was a stargazer and after 36 hours of labor we went to the hospital and actually had a pretty good experience considering.  We were able to leave about 4 hours after he was born, taking my placenta and having had everyone we wanted in the room with us.  This was in a different state and town though, so definitely preparing myself more physically this time for a long homebirth.  Even though I was...
super nose has arrived...I'm smelling everything!  Metal mouth and a slight sense of ick seems to be coming on as well.  I am still going to tell myself this time will be different, that I will not be as sick.  We are going to see a huge amount of family and friends next week.  I was hoping to wait to tell people, but if I'm feeling awful they will know right away since they know we've been ttc.  
I got a very faint bfp this morn, according to lmp I'm right at 4 wks.  I think I may have had a couple of chemical pregnancies in the past year so I'm a little nervous still and trying to balance the positive thinking with the reality of statistics.  I feel fine so far, pretty tired today, been quite hungry the past few days.  With DS I started feeling bad about 2 days after I tested.  Here's hoping this time will be different!  I won't have as much time to worry about...
we had a somewhat similar experience.  my DS is nearly 3 and I had been planning on waiting to try til I'd be due in Feb at the earliest.  something just told me to let it roll though, thinking if it happened then it was really time.  plus i was afraid I'd lose my gumption if i waited any longer.  i may have had a really early mc last summer, then we tried a bit, but my heart wasn't in it, in fact i became very averse to the idea of being pg or having a baby.  recently i...
I'm going to hang out in the hopeful thread for a day or so...even though I swear I knew this was it the day I decided to leave caution to the wind.  I had been telling myself I wanted another spring baby and that I wanted to wait til I'd be due in Feb at the earliest.  But my DH was coming back into town, I couldn't wait to see him, "etc." and I was sure I was ovulating and I just felt somewhere deep down that preventing would be really wrong right then.   I'm 9DPO...
so glad to help!  i had some wonderful virtual friends (friends of friends on FB) that helped us tremendously with feeling better about our move.  I told them I would make sure to pass on the love to anyone I could.  
Yes, Please do join the Chattanooga Green Moms, we have a few members that are in the Cleveland area.  It's doesn't feel that far from Chattanooga if you don't mind driving (I grew up in a rural area and drove that same distance to work and malls and whatnot all the time).  We moved here 1.5 years ago and I was really worried about finding my niche.  I've met a lot of really great moms through two different mom's groups and am a co-founder of Green Moms.  We are a group...