or Connect

Posts by naturechicplus1

check out meetup.com and look for Chattanooga Green Moms if you haven't found us already. I live in Stuart Heights just north of north chatt. i have a 2yr old son. there are a lot of moms with younger kids in the green moms group and some with some older kids too.
we moved away from CH last year for my husband's job. If we were going to buy a house in the area had we stayed I think it would have been in Pittsboro. Maybe just because I knew more people down that way. Each of them is quite nice. There is a great independent school in Pittsboro and perhaps even some options in Hillsborough now that I don't know of.
guess i'll lurk too...not sure what is going on. long story just got deleted by the fact that I somehow got logged off. essentially i'm feeling really funky and DH and I weren't exactly TTC for another couple months, but we had a little fun last week some of it protected and some of it not. i was 8 dpo yesterday and feeling really funky (dizzy, a little queasy, hot flashy and crampy) I think I caught my son's cold and it's been really hot, so I could just be nuts, but...
i'm not sure if this is the same as things you've already tried by ignoring it, etc. it's probably similar to what you've already done, but figured i'd throw it out there. a friend told me her story of dealing with this problem. they would say they didn't want to be in the same room with that noise, that it hurt their ears, that they would be happy to hear a *insert what kind of voice you want to hear* voice and they would leave the room if it didn't change. they kept...
A new meetup.com group has been created to connect Green Mamas in Chattanooga. Go to meetup.com and search for Green Mamas in Chattanooga and you'll find us. It's a private group, so we'll just need to approve your membership, making sure you're a real mom and not some creep looking for moms and kids. we're having our first meeting on Thursday at Greenlife for lunch. After we see what the ages of kids are and what people's interests are, we'll set up regular playdates...
thank you for posting! i really needed to see this today. we are hoping to start trying for baby #2, but sometimes it's hard to imagine DS leaving me alone long enough to make baby #2, let alone be pregnant and have the baby! he's an awesome nearly 2 yr old with such a great spirit and I know he'll make a great big brother. i'm seeing glimpses of his budding independence these days and it makes me hopeful it will contine!
i know you asked for inside ideas...but I'm all for really bundling up more and going outside. kids are pretty resilient to the cold since they're moving around faster than us. even if we get out for 10-20 minutes in the morning and afternoon it really helps a lot!
my DS (22 months) loves to help with all the chores (sweeping, laundry, dusting, wiping things down) which makes them take longer, but gives us something to do. biscuits are something that are really easy to make with kids. we do collages with magazine pictures and glue sticks, glue onto paperboard from cereal boxes or construction paper. i sometimes put on music and run/dance around the house for exercise, stopping in each room to do a different exercise like...
I hear your frustration, we have a lot of days like this right now, my DS is 22 months and the answer to every question is now NO! he's whining a lot more, throwing everything and just in general seems like he's a mess half the time. luckily he doesn't hit me much, but the poor dog and cat really have to watch out! our best transitions back to happiness happen when we sing or dance, or do funny voices. i have also been saying YES, YES, YES like a crazy person when he...
we moved here 6 months ago, we live in Stuart Heights off the Hixson Pike about 10 minutes north of town. I really like living on this side of town rather than the East Brainerd area which everyone suggested as we were moving here. It depends on what you're looking for. Our side has a smaller mall and fewer chain restaurants, but has more local flavor and less traffic. I've heard most of the schools are pretty crappy so it doesn't matter as much where you live, unless...