or Connect

Posts by naturechicplus1

my ds was pretty slow to eat a lot at any one time. he snacked on the run a lot and nursed a ton. i agree with the others that as long as she's growing and at least interested in some foods, then keep offering good healthy choices (perhaps in new and different ways/formats), milk when she wants and she'll get there. my ds still has his days when he eats a lot and days when he seems that he hardly eats at all, but he's growing and thriving so I feel he's fine.
thanks for all the ideas and thoughts. we're moving into a new house over the next couple weeks, once there it will be a good opportunity to create new and consistent routines. even if those routines involve still nursing to sleep most of the time, at least we can work towards a time when it's not necessary. i must admit, i'm pretty bad with routines and sticking to them.
i've been noticing a similar thing, probably around ovulation as well, i have also been wondering if it means i'm more fertile, i've noticed other signs of increased fertility. we're being careful...ha ha, my son doesn't go to bed before we do most nights, so there's very little opportunity for caution to be thrown to the wind!
it's not as much a concern as it is a lack of desire to continue...and a desire to be able to leave him at nap or bedtime and know he's still going to get to sleep without causing himself and a caregiver (be it DH, other family or babysitter) a major meltdown. i would like to think about having a second child soon and with this current procedure i can't imagine being pregnant or having an infant. and of course, selfishly, just getting some of that time back in my life,...
i think he could only do that if i left the house, ds has gone to sleep for dh on a few occasions when i'm not around. but at 10 pm, that's tricky. in our new house we might have better luck w/ me disappearing, it's a little bigger and we have more doors than we have here.
your dd sounds a lot like my ds was at that age. he's 21 months now and still full of it, but has learned a lot and gained different interests. she's going to learn so much by investigating everything and in my opinion, the best thing to do is let her investigate and be there to redirect her when necessary as it sounds like you are. i wouldn't squelch her curiosity or limit her by keeping her away from everything, but you do have to pick your battles and take her to...
my DS is 21 months and has almost never gone to sleep without nursing. he is a very busy boy. he gets up around 7:30, naps around 1 and goes to bed at 10 pm. our current "routine" is that he runs around like crazy til about 9:45, climbs into my lap, nurses and he's out by 10, then I move him into his bed and he sleeps til sometime in the night (sometimes through the night) when he comes into our bed, nurses and goes back to sleep til morning. we've tried so many...
i hear you...i'm not sure how i ever managed to get everything done when i was working and had no child! but then again, i didn't cook two extra meals a day at home nor did i have a little mess maker running around the house! I've really been hating the dishes lately, but it can be a very zen activity if you let it. just appreciate the feel of the water, the look of the bubbles, smoothly washing things, well...it's an idea anyway, not sure if i'm really ever able to...
a friend of mine used the larger size ziploc bags with slider closures...i'm not sure if the child could open it by themselves, but they could certainly keep the puzzle contained and they could bring you the whole bag to open when they were ready to play with it.
can't believe we're so close to having 2 year olds! DS is a joy, he's so funny already and he can't even make sentences, i can only imagine when he's really talking. of course he "talks" all the time, has some real words that others can understand, but lots of words and signs that only dh and I can decipher. he is a very loving boy, making sure he says goodbye and gives hugs to everything (people, the dog, cat, stuffed animals, books, etc) before leaving or going to...