or Connect

Posts by naturechicplus1

Jennifer...I used to live in Carrboro and knew a ton of people that had moved down from Boston. I think they were all pretty pleased with the move. I lived in NEPA when I was young and I love the south. I found people (in general) to be really friendly, open minded, eager to help you out etc. We had lots of new moms join our moms group because we just started talking to them on the playground and invited them to check us out. PM me if you want to ask more detailed...
i agree with others ideas. we do a lot of collages, good right now if you have wrapping paper scraps around, i cut out or rip up things, provide a glue stick and a base piece of paper. sometimes ds puts glue on or i do and he sticks. this is good as a redirection tool for ripping things that aren't meant to be ripped, like library books or magazines we haven't read yet.
we bought ds the metal melissa & doug one. i figured i would end up buying two of the less expensive flimsier looking ones anyway, so why not just get a nice metal one to start with. it looks exactly like a real shopping cart and rolls really well. he uses it all the time. he can climb into it now (it has a special suspension in the front to prevent tip overs when climbing in, but out is a different story) when he gets a little older i might take it to the store with...
good thread...nice to see other people's toddlers are up til 10 pm too. just spent the week w/ ds's cousin who jumps into her bed at 6:30 pm! anyway...we usually go out in the mornings, we're really lucky to have an aquarium, zoo, kids museum and tons of parks very close to us. we belong to a playgroup that is always doing something. when we are home i have ds help with just about everything around the house (ok, he insists on helping, but he's actually starting to...
i have to give myself facebook fasts every once in a while to put it in perspective. like a pp I don't do any of the quizzes, games, etc, just do status updates, post pics, etc. i have made myself lists too, so i can sort through groups of people and look at the ones i really want to keep close contact with and then when i have more time look at others that i'm not as close with, but still want to see what they're up to once in a while. mdc has been sucking a lot more...
great article...i had the pleasure of working at a school where this type of guidance was used...it really opened my eyes, I had never been a real big on traditional discipline when working with kids before and knew that somehow there was a better way, but it was great to watch teachers using those same principles the article describes, it's so much more effective and helps the children in the long run so much more. i try to use this approach now with my own son, nice to...
it just occurred to me that our babies have been able to "ask" to nurse ever since they were born...ever see the video of the newborn who crawls up to his mom's breast to suckle immediately after birth?? remember the head bobbing?? see if DH can see it that way, or at least get off your back through cold and flu season since it's such good protection, that should give you time to think of a new argument before spring. My son is 18 months and is having a resurgence in...
i've got one of those boys too, luckily we live in the southeast where we can get out most of the year at least a little bit. i would suggest one of those slinky like tunnels that folds up and springs out for play. my son and his friend have a blast with it when we visit her. try doing some cooking, make your own playdough, pom poms (if he won't try to eat them) to sort (and throw). just try to have a closet of new things that you can pull out and put away as he gets...
i'm here too, i gave up looking on the tribe list for a while. just moved here 3 months ago, still wondering where to find any hippie, natural, even slightly liberal mamas??? my son is 18 months. i've been on the mtn mother's list and met a couple of people there, but would love to get together more with other like minded mamas! we moved here from one of the greenest most liberal spots in the south...it's a hard transition so far, but I see hope in Chattanooga for sure.
just returned from a 7-8 hour road trip with my 18 mo. son. it went well. we tried to get on the road when he was ready to nap (make sure you have everything you need and go to the bathroom so you don't have to stop until they're awake and really ready) snack traps are great to have for snacks, make sure you have an extra one for when it gets thrown and you can't reach it safely. have a couple extra sippy cups for the same reason. i put a pillow next to the car...