or Connect

Posts by Namaste Amma

ITA with Dovey. I think what you have outlined is way, way too harsh. I get why you are so upset, but your reaction c ould make it much worse.
Well, I'd like to get my 4 yo DD out of my bed. I think we're going to start w/putting her bed next to mine, then a couple feet away, then eventually in her own room. The idea of sleeping in her own room is such a foreign concept to her that I know it wouldn't go over at all at this point. So, we're going to try baby steps. :)
DH and I are planning on homeschooling our daughter, 4. I'll be the primary "teacher," as I stay home with her. He has some concerns about homeschooling - mainly how will we know we're being effective and that DD is learning everything she "should?"    Admittedly I would unschool if it were up to me. However, I have to compromise here. What can we do to make sure she's on the right track? He wants to encourage as much freedom and creativity in learning as we can...
10 + 46 (and still counting) = 56 so far!
We haven't done any vaccinations for our DD (4 in Oct) since she was 4mo. We are going on a cruise in September with stops in Haiti, Mexico and Jamaica. DH is freaking out that she isn't vaccinated and wants to do some to prevent disease that he is worried she'll be exposed to on the ship and islands. Clearly I'm anti-vax and he is more pro (though willing to be selective and delay, obviously).  I don't want to expose her to something that may actually kill her or cause...
We haven't done any vaccinations for our DD (4 in Oct) since she was 4mo. We are going on a cruise in September with stops in Haiti, Mexico and Jamaica. DH is freaking out that she isn't vaccinated and wants to do some to prevent disease that he is worried she'll be exposed to on the ship and islands. Clearly I'm anti-vax and he is more pro (though willing to be selective and delay, obviously).  I don't want to expose her to something that may actually kill her or cause...
I agree with the others. I think it us awesome you are looking for advice and are open to trying different ways to help your son sleep. If it were me is start the night out with him in your bed for now. As he recovers from this stressful period you can work on getting up after he falls asleep our getting him back into his own bed. I think he needs to be close to you after all this CIO. It will go a, long way toward helping him. Maybe buy a pacifier and tell him the choice...
Wow! I am so happy for all of you! Lots of positive thoughts headed toward your household that the transition is easy for all! 
I think it is too soon to know. We decided to give our daughter's gf trial 3 months. We knew within a few weeks we were on the right track.
That's what I suspected. I really hesitate to subject her to this testing.