or Connect

Posts by Namaste Amma

Thanks for your response. How did you determine all of her allergies? None of the tests seem to be totally reliable, and I hate to put her through the pain only to get invalid results. :(     Do you make your own bone broths? Can I purchase these? (Touching bones and seeing them really makes me uncomfortable.) At this point we are willing to feed DD anything to help improve her overall health as well as dental. 
Thank you for the encouragement and information. It infuriates me that no ped connected the dots between allergies and dental health. I'm even more angry at myself for not realizing it sooner. Oh well, hindsight... Thanks again.   
Thank you so much for your feedback. I've ordered the cell salts you recommended. How many times a day should we be giving them to her?    Is there a method of testing and dealing with allergies that you see as more effective than others? NAET therapy?   How would you deal with a tight maxillary frenulum? Would it be reasonable to think I could avoid night weaning and still help heal her teeth?   Would you recommend digestive enzymes?   Would you recommend adding the...
What exactly are you giving him?
I'm really hoping someone can help. DD has pretty severe cavities on her upper front teeth. Ped of course has blamed night nursing. DD is soy and dairy (pasteurized, we haven't tried raw yet) allergic, and who knows if there are others that we haven't identified. She has so far eaten a vegetarian diet. She still BF a fair amount.   We are really hesitant to allow dental work to be done on her at this point. There is NO way she would allow work to be done, so...
Quote: Originally Posted by Annie Mac Another option we found was a program that offers the exact same course work as a public school (they supplied the books and curriculum), and you just do it at home and send in your assignments, and check in with a teacher every so often to monitor progress and get in-person feedback (you also got feedback with every assignment). Sort of a half-homeschooling option, with a lot less pressure on the parents to create...
DS has always struggled in the public school system. Over the years I have watched his love of learning and curiosity dwindle, and the past 3 years he has struggled immensely, barely passing 6th and 7th grade. Now, partway through 8th grade he is having the same problems. DS is diagnosed with Aspergers and ADHD. Needless to say the public school system is not set up to be the best environment for him. DS is definitely intelligent and capable of learning whatever he decides...
Combo Buddhist/Hindu/Seeking here. Planning to homeschool our 2 year old and about to pull my 8th grader to HS him.
My DD will be two in about a month. She is a horrible sleeper, has been since about 7 months old. I could never have imagined that sleep would be this awful. My 12 year old son was a difficult sleeper, or so I thought, but this is a whole different ballgame. We are working hard right now to reset her internal clock so that she is sleeping at NIGHT. In Pantley's No Cry Toddler Sleep Solution she suggests that most toddlers do best going to bed between 6:30 and 7:30pm. I...
Thanks!