or Connect

Posts by JordanKX

I moved back to my home, to a support system of family/friends that I didn't have in Oregon - I didn't have anyone in Oregon except XP's family (which was something, I'm not going to lie. He had helpful family).I know moving for a job would've looked better - and unfortunately I'm in a predicament with that because I work remotely so technically CAN live anywhere, and I know a court would say... "well, then you can stay here, for the best interest of your child". Got...
Thank you thank you thank you!!   Since I wrote this post I have been working with him before we walk in to the grocery store (or anywhere) about his behavior - other things to do when he gets shy or overwhelmed. I've been talking to his teacher about the kissy-itis, and she is going to start trying to curb it as well... "hugs are for mommy, not for other kids in class"... type things.   Because he DOES make other kids uncomfortable. Kids comment; kids most definitely...
 This particular man & situation was the second time he'd met the man. The first was a dinner at their house, they're family friends that I grew up with, and after dinner the man started playing with my son and they definitely bonded - which is awesome and what I'd hoped for. But the kissing situation was the 2nd time they'd met, and out in public, and even the father/man person had to kind of pry my son off of him and keep repeating thank you for the hugs but it's time to...
 This is true.However my lawyer advised me to find someone willing to FIGHT for custody; that immediately the children would be given to father, and then any bio-Grandparent if father is deceased, but that anyone (at least in Oregon) can file for custody, it would just become a custody battle at that point, and assuming that you have to really have issues with dad - it doesn't take much to be a "Fit" parent in some states. I drew up a will with my sister as desired...
THIS.In Oregon at least, if they stop CS payments the state takes whatever they can... removing passport travel; taking their drivers and business licenses; anything they can get control on. Doesn't sound like that option is happening in Italy, but I would make sure. My XP doesn't pay, but every 3 months the state threatens to take his license and his family makes a payment on his behalf to stop that seizure. And just from my experience, his family is furious WITH ME for...
 Thanks AutumnGrey for posting the statute and I'll look in to it, but as Greenemami says, my lawyer while in Oregon told me that without a court-ordered custody agreement, "Whomever" is in possession of the child, has custody (Yes, XP signed the birth certificate).  Just as it was within my right to move us to North Carolina, it would also be within XP's right to take him wherever he wanted. Again, luckily has never been a concern with him while I was living in Oregon and...
My son is 4 and likely has SPD. I have another thread going on just general advice because we have Not had full evaluations yet, much less met with an OT. I've bought a number of books and am reading everything I can find...   But one thing that keeps popping up in my mind with him is his constant hugging/Kissing.   Don't get me wrong, I Love hugs! Who doesn't! I'm a single mom and this is my only child, We hug and kiss A Lot. And I'm SO thankful that my son Wants to...
From what I understand, it has to originate in the state the child was born in. Once custody is established in Oregon, North Carolina would just abide by whatever was set in Oregon.My lawyer was telling me that 80% of the forms and filing could be done over fax/email, but that I've have to Come Back to Oregon for the actual hearing. Maybe I'm misinformed??
 This is kind-of where my brain is headed today... continue to keep him in the loop because he does have the right. If he responds or not, at least I'm being a responsible parent.  But maybe not going out of my way to make communication happen, as some have mentioned, maybe stop Tagging him in pictures/posts. I'm not going to Block him or anything! But maybe not make it so terribly easy.I've told him numerous times I only need an hours notice for a Skype call, so we are...
I posted this originally in Childhood Years, before I found this forum....   We've recently moved to a new state and because my son has an ISP for his articulation disorder, we're going through the gamut of evaluations for services, both with the school district and privately (no results yet). One therapist on his team (school district) mentioned a lot of sensory issues, which I shrugged away because what I knew of SPD is HYPER-sensitive, sensitive to tactile things,...