or Connect

Posts by JordanKX

Holiday season came and went without communication from my son's father. Very disappointing, not surprising, but very disappointing.   Quick run-down: Ex and I separated when kiddo was 18months. We were never married and I always remained sole-custody just because, we didn't do anything legally about that (except child support, Ex is on the legal books for Support). For two years kiddo was with Dad one night a week, and Dad was consistent on that.   Two months ago, me...
We've recently moved to a new state and because my son has an ISP for his articulation disorder, we're going through the gamut of evaluations for services, both with the school district and privately (no results yet). One therapist on his team (school district) mentioned a lot of sensory issues, which I shrugged away because what I knew of SPD is HYPER-sensitive, sensitive to tactile things, clothing, foods, sounds, etc., but she said... No, the Opposite. The hypo- side of...
My 4yr old (sept) so we're getting close to 4.5, is still not on the potty. He's had moments where he was "close"... 80% during the day would notify me/teachers at school that he needed to go. But he's regressed over the past few months.   We've also just had an evaluation that diagnosed SPD, and while that's great for explaining why he doesn't Realize that he's about to release; or why he doesn't tell you that he just did..... diagnosis doesn't help real world...
 oh Amazon is loving me today! Thanks for the recommendation!
 Yes and Yes!! :)  We had a Skype session with Grandma yesterday, so he's learning how easy it is. the kiddo is certainly best friends with the iPad.Scrapbook is awesome! I'm building an enormous busy book in a 3-ring binder that might get him through a few days :) But i love the scrapbook idea as both something to do and be excited about, but also a reminder for later. Thank you!!
 Thanks for the ideas - calendar... PERFECT! Oh that will help him understand the time.  And the book.... just ordered off Amazon :)
Wow, It's been so long since I've been up here, just starting a thread already makes me feel better :) ... but I'm looking for some advice helping my 4yr old transition with a move.   We are moving across the country - Oregon to NC - in a month. When I asked for advice initially, people said.. "Don't tell him", just avoid. So I'd say things like, "oh we're just moving things in to the garage" or "we're just cleaning". But he was crying a lot. He was so terribly...
THIS. My son, now 3.5 of course still needs to be reminded. It is a constant reminder but I wouldn't say "struggle". We established systems long time ago, probably 18mos.   18mos is when I established patterns and also when he started going to daycare PT. And they would sing clean-up songs - which we incorporated in to home. At home, we weren't 1/2 that "fun" and he still picked up, but since daycare sung a song, yay, why not.   Now at 3.5 the rule is clean up one toy...
How do you acknowledge the statement, but not indulge the attention-seeking?   DS, 3+ has an articulation disorder so he's behind in speaking. He doesn't Babble away about his day. He'll answer questions, but they're not exactly true... Did you play with trains today? Yes. Did you ride an elephant? Yes. Right. :) He doesn't detail his emotions or tell you what's going on in his day to day because he doesn't have that many words.   BUT in speech class and at...
Just following up here what we've done so far (with limited results, but enough to make life and his daycare lady SANE)...   Elimination Diet for 2 weeks - no change. Obviously because I don't think DS is allergic to anything.  Still going 2+ times a day of squishy nastiness everywhere.   Introduced a probiotic - Baby's Jaro Dophilus, refrigerated. Helped reduce the # of poo's to 1-2 a day. But same consistency. So two weeks of ED + probiotic.   Switched to a...