or Connect

Posts by JordanKX

I wonder the same thing about my situation. We were never married so we never filed for custody when he moved out. He is ordered to pay child-support but doesn't. But he does have our son one night a week (not consistently, but I'll say he tries, at least). My concern is if I ever wanted to move, I don't have anything stating that I have custody now, although I'm sure just having the Child Support order out there is precedent enough.   In our case, I also don't feel...
Just have to post here about the formal eval that we had here....   "articulation disorder" is what she ended with and how she'll code her request to OHP for future therapy sessions.    She said he's very advanced in his vocabulary (much she didn't expect for kids under 4yo); all correct on his pronouns, lots of -ing words. Has lots of CV combinations, although not consistent from word to word, however his pronunciation (or mis-) of words is consistent... which...
This is what we're trying right now. We'll see :-)
So I've now met with speech therapist #2 twice, not a huge fan. but whatever... SO MUCH BETTER than the first time we met with her. She didn't have any blanket statements of "he is this... he isn't this..." just more, they had fun together. she recorded the 1/2hr because she learned she didn't have time to write down all the words.   I'm thinking she's new to EI or practicing speech therapy in this way. Maybe that's just my judgement.   Enyhoo... one more with...
Yep. Love your responses. Clean and clear.   Again, we're having a ball so far. But I still think I have so much to learn. to find the words that he says that I don't understand...is almost learning an entire 'nother language. But just the 30 words so far, really promising. And he Loves it. Again.... I think knowing ASL would be a benefit to all humans (oh lawdy don't I wish i knew Spanish as well.... such kudos on a resume and just great with the overall world of...
My goodness I'm a reader. So much that it overwhelms me.   I love The Late Talker,  Even in this book, there is a chapter recognizing omega-3s and the potential for help with speech-delay.   The most herbal-related book is He's Not Autistic, But...,   which can be a bit overwhelming with her success of herbals and naturals. I mean, I'm all for it, and it's an easy read, BUT, it's a lot. And i know how much each visit to an osteo-, naturo-, homeo-, path costs....
This is all very encouraging, and I'm so glad I posted about it.   I'm having a ball learning from random apps I've downloaded - will look into SigningTimes because that seems more formal and purposeful. Thank you for that!   I still wonder that for US it will require so much knowledge to be useful, but like a second language (ANY second language...)... TRY, incorporate, see how it works. He has so many words, but because they're all the same consonant, you don't...
Have you used sign-language with your late-talking child? Why did you? How much (just nouns, or full-on conversational)? How did it turn out?   I have another thread running up here about my son, almost 3, but thought I'd address this one separately. My son talks 24/7, has a great vocabulary, but is delayed in communicative-speech and has real pronunciation issues (limited and repetitive consonants).   But he Loves to Learn and show off what he knows! He...
  I really appreciate all your words, insights, ideas!! Thank you thank you! Thank you for being up here and offering your insights to this board.   And this really stood out to me because I am very relaxed, (i hope) encouraging, and Yay all around. That's just my nature anyway, but also because I DO read (everything I can get my hands on) and that seems to be the general consensus.   The flash cards stood out because this is So my mother. Ugh. She just brought over yet...
And this is my question, that you asked for Multiple Screenings, whether or not had to, you did. I mean... what does that even mean? EI's goal is not to diagnose, but to merely get them ready for school. I didn't know you could even dispute. But again, what would it matter? they will not diagnose... they will simply re-evaluate to see if they're eligible for services, right?   So if you're looking for more, you HAVE to go outside of EI right?   I can say that I'm not...