or Connect

Posts by JordanKX

My son is almost 3. He goes to daycare full-time. I'm SURE there are momma's there, that are pregnant. I mean, of course.   I have said some off-sides things to him about when he was a baby in my belly, but nothing big; nothing consistent. Nothing that would Ever equate his brain with mommy+belly=baby. Ever. I'm a single mom. There are no babies happening in my belly.   But this week... HE IS obsessed. All his animals, he wants to put in my shirt. "mommy...
I do have one question about FORCE. Not punishment/discipline... but even my girlfriend B said tonight... "maybe you should try to force him to say it correctly"...   ie... you will not get said item until you say it correctly.   I told her that everything I've read/heard says DO NOT do that until they're at least over 4yrs old.   Is that right?   She did head-twist and thinking about it... her son didn't utter until 3yo, so it wasn't until at least 4yo...
  This one sticks out at me.   Tonight we spent the evening with my best friend who had an apraxic son, and while she's heard me babble for months about potential stuff, we haven't spent good one-on-one time together. Tonight she was a best friend... but also... well, you know, feeling him out.   This is Exactly what my son does. Especially if you goad him too much. He'll say it 3/4 right the first time, but it gets different and less understandable the more you ask...
Hi! and welcome!   I am sorry DV comes up so much. No, NOT SORRY that it comes up... just sorry that it HAS to come up. Sorry that it exists; it hasn't in my own life, but out of four of my best friends, 2 have horrible histories. That's 50 percent. HALF!   I suffer from loser-itis, also Half (or maybe maybe more than half) of my friends are crazy productive women with less-than exes.   Me, it's my own fault (and most of my other type-A friends... they'd say...
  I think this must've been what my friend was mentioning, something in their divorce... it was in writing for them. And if that were the case for us, Of Course I'd do it. No... I do it anyway! and will continue to, of course! Because I'm providing for my son. I will always give him gas money to make sure they don't break down. I will always give a diaper bag. But it's good to know that I'm not REQUIRED to do so.   I'm thinking a Gas card. Something other than cash. $40...
  Haven't found a need for it yet. Our son lives with me, period. Dad gets him when he wants, typically Friday nights and never really more than 24hrs. He's asked for more time, but most of the time he can't handle it and brings him home early.   Honestly I think if we went to the courts, the courts would give Dad more time than he has now... which honestly Dad has never fought for. So why make it legal? Right now, it works out great for me. ME. Dunno about our son, but...
How do you end the night? It sounds like you're not nursing-down or sleeping with him until he falls asleep, so what do you do at the end?   My son is a year older, but it was about this age (and I Still Use It!) that I found the external party. We use Ernie. I don't know why, he doesn't love Sesame Street. He doesn't watch TV but for a few minutes here and there (even now!). But he sleeps with Ernie. Ernie is sleepy; he wants to read books; we're going to have a...
  I honestly don't know. I ask PP's here because I'm in Southern Oregon and we have one University here that just became a "university" recently. I'll look in to it, but I'd imagine not. Again PP's will have things to say about Portland, 4hrs north which is not too far at all. And I'm only 5hrs from the Bay Area. So while I'm far away from everything... I'm centrally located to a lot of options.   Not insurance-covered options. But, options.   I want to see what the...
  Maybe I shouldn't make things so easy? I mean... he doesn't step-up to any element of being a parent. Why make it easy on him?  But maybe I should assume a bit more, and just not make it so easy. Like... when he comes to pick him up, don't have it on the ready. Do a bit more talking about what he has at home before I just throw it out there.   Who knows... maybe he assumes I'm micro-managing and would step-up if I back off a bit? I like this a lot. I'll take this into...
It's an interesting thing, I know. As noted in other posts I've listed here, I'm not 100% keen on his dad in general, but whatever.. it's his father. And right now, when I pick up my son from school, he wants to see his dad. He wants to know his dad. I will not stand in the way of that.   So when he picks him up here at home, if he needs stuff... I want to make sure he has FOOD (omg!) and diapers/wipes. I've just always done that. I'm NOT happy about the gas to...