or Connect

Posts by JordanKX

I'm nervous about defects in my baby. My mother keeps telling me "it's already been decided, if something is wrong with him, we'll all be here to support you at that time". Oh big hugs mamma. Having a supporting DP and family is just amazing. But it doesn't stop the dreams of him born with no nose! What is that? I had a ruptured appendix years ago (a little offsides, I realize), and it was the most excruciating thing I'd ever been through. That pain memory is what...
My bplan is similar to what's been posted here - esp. the Vit K, that it should only be administered if trauma occurred during delivery. Thank you guys for adding the C-section wants in there - something I hadn't considered, but Oh so important just in case. My OB/practice is unfortunately one of those where whoever's on call, that's your delivery Doc. I've looked into changing, but at this point, I really like my MD despite that she might not be there. She's been...
I love Radha - what a beautiful name! J names: Julian for a boy is so cool to me, Julian Sands.... yummm... love Jaron too. Old english. We're still deciding on boys names. My fav's are Rowan and Silas. DP is not so enthusiastic. And we're fighting over family middle names: I have Charles -- Rowan Charles has a nice ring to it! DP has William which I'm not a huge fan of, but have to admit that Silas William goes okay. At this point, I'm ready to chuck family names...
Sept 20th. My first, so who knows :-)
I can't seem to finish my painting :-) In my personal need to be non-traditional, I started with yellow. But I have to admit that the hand-me-down crib bedding with frogs and matching elephant book ends are the cutest things I've ever seen. And now one wall in blue (hmmm... maybe two walls blue) doesn't seem so appauling to me. Right now I'm just sitting in a one-yellow walled room staring at all this stuff, changing my mind every few hours!! :-) Today's my big day off,...
to other preggers that are also mommies... I'm just wondering if you've found kegels to be a benefit. all the advice out there can't be wrong! :-) I've not been as "good" as I could've been for most of this pregnancy, but I'm reading a lot of us are having some leaks, and I've got a little kicker who loves his foot on my bladder... not that I want to "solve" his kicks. But also curious if you've found kegels to help with tearing, and recuperating. How often do you do them?...
We've got mad exercises going on! And one foot seems consistently placed on my bladder! I woke up the other night to one Arm? up in my ribs, and one foot? in my bladder. Full body stretches!! :-) Combined with the hiccups, yeah, that 28wk 10-kicks in an hour test... yeah, passed with flying colors!
I'm 30wks and my emotions just exploded. DP has even commented that this pregnancy has been a breeze, no big hormonal outbursts, just my regular calm, rational self. Yeah, until a few days ago when I couldn't find the Fan in my garage (it was 100 degrees and I was hot and Miserable) and hysteria just poured out of me. I finally had to sit down in the middle of the garage and just cry for 20 minutes. Since then, the hormones have definitely been having their fun. I'm crying...
How do you know? I keep having these moments where it's not a kick, it's smaller and consistent... had DP feel the other night and it was almost like we could feel his heartbeat - I know that's ridiculous. But little rhythmic bounces that last quite a few minutes. I didn't consider Hiccups. Is that what they feel like?
Hi All! Just saying hello and that, yes, I'm lurking around :-) I'm 33, preggers with my first... a little man! I'm going through my local small Catholic hospital, mainly because I'm too much of a worry-wart to go home-birth first round (I know, I know...the support Would've been there), but anyway, small hospital, small OB family practice which has MW's of staff which, naively, I thought that meant they might be a little more, oh, "open". I'm having my 30wk visit...