or Connect

Posts by JordanKX

what, did everyone just decide to take a 1yr hiatus... and then all come back at the same time?! Funny!!  :-)
My son, who will be 3 in September.... About 5 times a day. Or more. I just came up here searching for ideas on how to handle the hitting situation and found this thread.   I have yet to find a solution that WORKS - although I haven't tried putting him in his room for time-outs. I have been consistently doing time-outs, and if he doesn't sit, I can take him back to his time-out spot over and over again. I can remain calm & patient about that (which is why is...
This is an impossibly difficult situation and the reason I'm asking up here is because ALL of my friends/family seem to say.... Move away. Even my step-mother looks back on her choices with my step-sister and believes that allowing her daughter to have a relationship with her father was never a positive thing, and she'd do it differently if given the chance. I have all these voices saying "go away" for whatever their reasons - because they want us closer, because...
I haven't posted up here in over a year... but I'm really feeling like I need some other momma's words here, than just my friends who are biased and angry.   Quick run-down, ds is 2.5 nearing on 3yo. We've been split since he was 18mos. Ex is sometimes the Friday nite dad, but not consistent. I am OK with him having Friday nights when he's available and I sometimes ask for other times, such as tonight... I"m self-employed so I have to work on Memorial Day, but...
He used to be great about using utensils. It was such a "big boy" thing at 12-14 months. He was good with the spoon and with stabbing with the fork. But recently he's stopped using utensils so much, unless it's something like cereal. I always give him a fork, and he starts with it, but then reverts to using his hands.   Epic portions? Um, we've changed a lot. Tonight was a a piece of bread with some yogurt-veggie salad on (cut into small pieces), abt 8 small pieces of...
We don't use sheets... the tightness is too much for DS's movements during the night. But we use his baby quilts that are heavier (the hand-made ones that were too big for the crib, but perfect for his toddler bed). Short sleeve/pants jammies with socks is all he'll tolerate - full body jammies just make him sweat like mad. He says Brrr if it's not enough, or will wake up crying if he's too hot. So mostly I leave it to him to regulate. I've just put an extra mesh blanket...
DS has always been an amazing eater. We've struggled with portion control from the minute we introduced solids. He'll eat everything off the plate and ask for more (and these are substantial foods). He eats more than my 5yo godson.   In the beginning, we listened to everyone who said "just let him eat, he'll regulate himself"... but seriously, we're talking epic portions of food.   Recently (abt 2months ago) he's become such an eater that he'll shove Everything...
I was torn about Ros' 2yr party. We ended up making it a party more for me you know... my friends/family, the few kiddos Ro's been growing up with. I really didn't expect it to be anything that big. But somewhere in the day, he Got It! he cooked with me all morning, made munchies and muffins. All the while me talking about how people were going to come over later, all for his bday. I also let him open my presents (very few) throughout the planning - mainly to give him...
Ro's been having a hard time with napping at daycare. I'm not sure what is up with him. He still naps 1-2hrs at home on the weekends... but it's a transition now to, gulp, full-time daycare. Maybe he just doesn't feel as comfortable there. He misses his daddy afternoons :-( Breaking up is sad, ya'll. Adult stuff, that's easy. But watching the kiddo go through transitions... it's hard.    
One of those sentences I never thought I'd say, but it's getting to a point that I have to ask if anyone else has experienced this.   DS is almost 2yo. He is not a biter normally with me or kids at daycare. He is a pincher on my face/neck. And on the boobies when he sees them (he does not nurse). He thinks boobies are hysterical. And yowsah, the pinching! But just in the past few weeks, he's started biting my naked body when he sees it.   I do not live with his...