or Connect

Posts by JordanKX

Thank you. I figured it was probably a normal thing - just part of the labeling process. But still glad I asked! :-)
I didn't want to post this in single-parenting (or maybe I'll double post), but I"m curious some BTDT experience with the definition of titles. DS knows his Daddy. No question. We've been split for 6 months, but his dad has his Monday afternoons and all of Friday night (often into late Saturday). But with dad means at Grandpa's house. So he's spending just as much time with Grandpa.   It was weird this weekend at a family reunion, every time he'd go up to Grandpa, it...
My almost 2yr old has always been an incredible sleeper. He goes down at 7 (he'd like to go down earlier), wakes around 6:30 (sometimes 7:30). When he's at daycare he naps for an hour. When he's at home, he normally naps 2hrs. It's amazing. It's often Annoying - as a working mom, I'd love it if he'd stay up a bit later so I could spend more time with him! But 12hrs a night has been consistent with him since he started sleeping through the night. Guess that's just what he...
Calendula cream sounds like a great option - possibly the only thing I haven't tried yet! Thanks for the advice. It seems odd that his ped didn't have any ideas and the antibiotic didn't do a darn thing.   Other oddity, we went to a friend's above-ground pool (so overly chemically because there isn't a great pump system), and it got So Much better. Maybe because the chlorine dried it out a bit?  
Maybe health, but I thought I'd ask here.   DS, 22mo, has had a rash around his mouth for months. We, including daycare, chalk this up to him being a drool-machine. Sometimes it's just faint redness, sometimes full-on white-head pimply looking. I've tried most over the counter, and various tea-tree, with the idea that he'd eat it, so not as much as I'd put on myself. Nothing seems to be helping. I took him to the Ped and he put him on cephlex in case it's...
Picking up Rowan the other day from daycare, watching him with the dolls was fascinating. I don't have any dolls! And questioning his daycare people, they say he's All About the dolls. He organizes them. He makes them kiss. He carries them around to all different events during the day. He does this at home with his animals, but I don't have any dolls. Must change this! :-)   he is such a lover when going down. But hasn't found a pretend-going down yet. We might have to...
Every now and again, Rowan will say "here you go". He started it a few months ago, handing your shoes, often while trying to kick someone (grandparents, dad) out of the house :-) it was one of those statements that he said for a week and then forgot. But he's back to doing it again. He brings me a cup.. "eer uGo".. All proud and accomplished. :-)
My son is a lot like Peony - physical, not so interested in the verbal.   he is 22 months. Walked backwards about 16 months, and literally Walked Backwards everywhere we went for weeks. Dances like a pro; jumps for the past month or so. Not great air, but he does it. He loves to jump OFF things... off the sofa onto the ottoman, etc. He has no fear about climbing; climbs up slides, trees, fences, anything to get higher and higher.   He talks incessantly, but often...
Hi Ladies! I saw our old thread on page 4... and just thought.. goodness.. we need to start fresh again. I've been lapsed, terribly. And I know many of us have had new babies.   We're approaching 2yrs old! How Crazy Is That!   Rowan is just enormous. 38lbs. Wearing 3T t-shirts, although still good at 18month pants. He is SO tall... I've had to replace pants twice in the past few months. He's still got his full belly, but lengthening out. And the teething is...
Unfortunately, no, I can't buy another ticket right now. Nearly $1K, and that's just out of reach of my world right now. So I'm pondering whether it is worth it, or if the whole idea just seems too stressful. Of Course I want to see family! But I'm thinking it'd be better to wait until next year, because DS will be older and I will have the time & money to ensure that he has his own seat.