or Connect

Posts by JoyofBirth

In a motorcycle accident on the 8th. He lives in Ky so we had to travel there for the funeral. A 12 hour drive. Hardest thing. Still hard. I lost my brother on a motorcycle 6 years ago. And have had 2 other losses in between. This us the 3rd one to coincide with a baby. I'm not doing so well with this. And then on top of that my bpp/nst didn't go well on thurs. Baby logs great, but my np was up, high protein in urine and ketones. I have a repeat ok monday. And tomorrow...
I completely forgot about this. Bummer. I know everyone will enjoy this. Can't wait to see the final results. I hope you ladies will post some pics.  
Can you post a pic of both things? I'd love to just see them.  
Thanks for organizing this. I think your dates are fine. Some of us will be full term soon, so babies will be coming before we know it.
I highly recommend taking the hospital tour and asking as many questions as you can think of. Find out what they will be giving you, Then figure out what you're comfortable using. Our hospital gives an admission bag that includes mesh panties, pads, shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, and a comb. I am comfortable with using this stuff so didn't pack my own. They also gave me tucks, dermaplast and a peri bottle.   With my first daughter, we brought so...
I have to much other stuff to do right now to even think about it. My baby clothes are all nicely separated in bins by size, but everything from size 2 up is jumbled. We had no storage in our last place, so when the girls outgrew stuff it all just got thrown in a bag or box together. So I have to get that taken care of soon. It's a big job and I'm a habitual procrastinator so I keep putting it off. I like to buy a bottle of dreft at the beginning and wash all the baby...
I was dead set against prefolds when we first started almost 8 years ago. But my dd1 was built funny I guess because I couldn't get a good all over fit with any fitteds or AIOs. She did well with fuzzibunz stuffed with a prefolds. And she did great with prefolds and Bunnis super whisper wraps. I liked how easy it is to customize prefolds to fit the baby just right. We pretty much got our stash set with our first and are using it for all the rest. I got one bumgenius NB...
Sorrry, guys, I forgot to share about my herbal bath. We use Shonda Parker's. My midwife was with her at a lot of her births. They are good friends. So my midwife has been using her recipe forever. You can order it Here . The herbs are listed right on it so you could also make your own. We put the herbs in a big stock pot with fresh garlic and boil it. We start it usually about when mom starts transition. I love the smell because I have associated it with a new baby....
In one of my previous DDC, we did a baby shower swap. It was fun. Would anybody be interested in doing one? If so, how do you think is the best way to do it? In my other one, one person was in charge of it and paired people up, but it was in a circle so the person you sent to, sent to someon else and so on. It could be something homemade or bought. We could set a price limit. We could post lists of things we are ISO for this baby and people could pick from those. We...
Wow, you guys with the individual replies are amazing. I am reading and following along, but I'm not sure I can make individual responses. I'm loving the updates and glad to hear all the good news. And sorry to hear about the threaetened pre-term labor and bedrest. I had my appointment today and it went well. Baby is measuring 2-3 weeks big, which is good, because pre-e and bp issues usually inhibit growth. My fluid level is perfect, placenta looks great. Baby was...