or Connect

Posts by journeywooz

people at the turtle lake refuge might have some great ideas.  ancient futures farm.  i miss durango. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ZqKMgXciU  for perspective.
brattleboro/dummerston area here.. have you tried the songyard in chester?
I did think of a combo of our names, but it sounds weird.  I like Sageheart?  Hmmm...too much?
any experience with this?  it bothers me that our children is just assumed to take their father's last name.  and at the same time, i don't feel attached to my last name.. after all, it is my father's name too.  i'm quite tired of this patriarchal thing and want to come up with something completely new...    i like strongheart, but another family has it...   any other ideas?
DDC crashin'.  It's not cool that it's all out in the open now that you're pregnant.  DP did this same thing to me and I found out when I was only 2 weeks postpartum.  And then he said I was overreacting and that he did that because I wasn't flirty enough and that I was boring and too wrapped up in motherhood.  To make matters worse, he's been flirting with her since the beginning of our relationship (and he is still lying about it).  Ugh.  He still thinks it's no big...
ugh, i feel ya.  dp went away for a 4 day basketball tournament across the country last summer and like a hour after he came home, i was exhausted......and you know what he did?? went out and played basketball at a local gym for two hours.  men.  and he wonders why i had ppd with both kids.  
a beautiful, primal story!!! congratulations, mama!
Ok, i've been in an ongoing struggle with some people in this household about food.  It is very important to me to include whole foods/veggies in every meal.  I eat minimal processed food, and work hard to make sure our 2 1/2 year old DD is well-nourished.   Some background-- BIL lives with us (and has been around on-and-off for about a year and half) and his ideas are apparently different from mine.  He really doesn't take care of himself nutritionally...won't even...
We co-sleep and our 2 1/2 year old DD has been wetting the bed for about 5 nights in a row. We ECed with her and has been mostly dry at night since about 1 year old. The bedwetting is sudden and she seems to pee in her deep sleep and seems comfortable in her wet pants which is unusual. The only reasons I can think of is that she was sick last week and she has been having a lot of fruit. Could something else be going on? Any ideas, tips?