or Connect

Posts by Youngfrankenstein

I bought the gumdrop and loved it for the tiny age. I didn't give it until about 3 or 4 weeks at the earliest. I love it because the whole thing is very soft. I also love that they can get a pretty wide latch on it instead of making and "o" with their lips around the base.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama So, OP here. Just wanted to share my experience with another Lactation Station. OK, So 2 state fairs in one week. At they KY state fair there was a "Rock n Relax", hosted by a hospital- a place to go and nurse and also to change baby. There was a poster inside the area that had a bunch of illustrations on it, titled "Surprises while Nursing". It was pretty old but a couple of them were pretty offensive. There...
Unless this lady has some medical stuff we don't know about, I can't see what would be the problem with driving. OTOH, I have heard plenty of stuff HCPs tell you not to do in a tongue-and-cheek sort of way: "No housework!"
Quote: Originally Posted by CatsCradle Everyone has their reasons for what they do and when they do it, and it does not necessarily have any connection to anything outside themselves. I'm with you on this. You just have no idea the whole circumstance so don't be offended. I was also a bit confused about the story.
I find that hemrroids are extremely itchy and if they are labial, it could explain all of that. Do those kegals, keep clean and use witch hazel and it could help.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kellyh_01 I was like that up until I had number 4, and then (now) I finally really feel like I am done, no matter what. Now I am perfectly content with the family that I have. Before, though, I would never have done any permanent birth control, and I imagined that menopause would be a time of mourning. Just tell yourself, "We're done at least for now." You don't know what might happen. My husband didn't "want" any more...
Quote: Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X My opinion is it isnt important at all. It serves a purpose for some kids but it wont hurt any child not to go. I agree. I don't think it's bad but we never sent any of our kids. They all learned to read at very early ages and have lots of socialization normally so neither of those things were a priority. ETA: I do agree it can hurt some kids not to go in the pp's example. I have a friend with a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Galatea Just watch - it'll happen with this thread, too. I hope that doesn't happen! I agree that women being judgmental and looking down on one another for other choices is horrible and unproductive. I have my own opinions about birth. I'm not a believer in a "no reason, just by choice c-section" for example but frankly, I don't need it to be off the table either if I knew women were being offered the truth and...
Just seeing friend after friend be induced and sectioned has got my head in a whirl. I didn't start this thread to debate how necessary these inductions/sections were, but by the sheer number of them, I doubt it was all. What is it really going to take to educate women and men about what they are "signing up for"? So many times I've talked to families who are turning to midwives after a first "bad" experience. It shouldn't take a tough first birth for moms to have...
Quote: Originally Posted by kathymuggle they will not allow The Simpson to be shown in class as it is "age inappropriate" - but they are reading Lord of the Flies???) There is a great Simpsons "Lord of the Flies" episode. I am a die-hard fan. I wouldn't worry about that list. Our kids are exposed to soooooo much junk that we can be naive that they are too delicate for certain things. As long as you have an open relationship with your dc and...