or Connect

Posts by HuntressMother

My daughter is 7 years old. She has been diagnosed with AS, ADHD and possible ODD.  I really need some suggestions here..   I DD was diagnosed with AS and ADHD not too long before I became pregnant with my DS. DD was very happy about having a little brother on the way and was very excited. When I started 'showing', DD ( who has always been a handful..or two) began to hit, kick and through things at my stomach. I would always talk with her about how this hurts mommy...
Thank you all so very much for your responses. Sorry I haven't responded sooner- I've been super busy!   Mamazee- Thanks for your reply and YES if you think that I will possibly get more responses there, feel free to move this post to that forum. Thanks for that suggestion!   Skycheattraffic- Wow! That sounds like a very scary experience for both you and DH. That must have been very intense and overwhelming. Thank you for sharing your story with me. I will be...
Hello Everyone. I really hope this is the right place for posting this topic. Im going to go ahead and apologize for the length of this post and if its a bit hard to follow- some of this is very hard to put into words, but I will do the best that I can. I really need some advice, as this could be a very serious situation for myself. YES, I know that I need to get into the neurologist ASAP and I plan on doing that, but at the moment money is very tight. And YES, I fully...
Wow! Thank you all so much for your wonderful and very helpful replies. Its good to know that im not in this boat alone. :)   I guess Im just really starting to grasp just HOW 'gifted' she really is. I mean, I always knew she was very 'above normal' but it really sunk in for me when I recieved her gifted test scores back and got a phone call from her school wanting to talk with me about the possibility of her skipping grades and her 'academic career'. She gifted ALL...
Thanks again for your awesome responses. Believe it or not- it is actually helping me to feel much better.   It sounds like out DDs would be to peas in a pod! Lol.   We also have 'family meetings' here at home as our 4 year old DS is also quite bright and advanced. I love the family meetings because when ALL of us re sitting down together, I feel like the kiddos better understand that Im not the 'bad guy' that Dad also expects these things from them too. We also...
Hi and thank you so much for your reply!   No I havent read those, but I do believe ill be taking a trip over to Amazon tonight! Thanks for those suggestions.   We all just feel very tired and overwhelmed. Thank goodness her GM gets her 2 weekends out of the month..I dont know what I would do without her help!   Her ped had mentioned ODD before. We even tried medication for a short time, but I quickly took her off of them because she seems like a zombie- it...
Sorry this has to be rather short and not very 'in detail', In a bit of a hurry right now but would like to know your thoughts on this behaviour and  'what' it could be.   Child that shows this behaviour is 7 years old. Very very gifted with high IQ scores and is in the gifted program at her school. Excelles in everything she does academically, but seems to have very low/poor emotional intelegence.   Sorry if its a bit all over the place. Ill be back again when I...
SnapDragon- Thank you for your reply!!       "Are you on the fence about breaking up with him or are you sure you want to stay together and try to make it work?"   That all totally depends on him. When I lay everything on the table for him, if he still refuses to engage in conversation with me and try to heal with me, then that will tell me all that I need to know: He doesnt love me enough to try to save our relationship which means he doesnt really want to...
skycheattraffic- Thank you so much for your reply!   "This to me screams that he's checked out and given up but doesn't want to do the work/be the bad guy and end the relationship. When you said you love him more than he loves you, that really struck a chord: I think you're very right about that. I think the only way forward that holds any hope of happiness and fulfillment for you is to lay it all on table like pp said and tell him that you're losing hope too....
Thank you so much Rebecca. I really appreciate your support. Big big hugs to you.