or Connect

Posts by sedalbj

I don't babywear anymore, but when the kids were small I loved having my hands free, especially when DS was new and DD was running around getting into trouble.  As DS got older, wearing him was a habit so he transitioned to riding in a frame hiking backpack and was there until about age 2.  I was much more mobile without a stroller, he liked being high so didn't complain, and I really LOVED the exercise. I could get him into the pack and on my back in half the time it...
It took about 3 washes to transition to not using conditioner. I don't have colored hair :-)  I have read the vinegar will change your hair color a little, lighten it or make it slightly redder, depending on the vinegar you use, and the sun.   I recently started my DD(8) with vinegar.  She has long wavy hair that was knotting up after showers even with a full condition and the vinegar is working for her too.  She didn't want to admit it for awhile because she doesn't...
This is an excellent outdoor clothes dryer.  Very sturdy. http://www.breezecatcher.com
I searched around and didn't find a recent thread addressing this.  Just sharing my experience!   Recently moved to Europe and my hair quickly digressed into an unmanageable mess.  We have really hard water here.  And I haven't found a stylist yet, so it just keeps growing, and the problem gets worse.  I was combing my hair with a huge glob of conditioner because it was knotty before, during and after the shower.  I didn't have to do that before our move.   After...
Haven't read the thread in full.....  After prego #2 my armpits were STINKY.  So bad I would bring an extra shirt in the car because I might have to change.  Ugh, horrible.   Found 'Coconut Snow' at a local market and it worked.  Finally no stink!  I have since made my own concoction with coconut oil, baking soda, some TTO and jojoba but I can't get the consistency the same as Coconut Snow.  I find straight CO works sometimes, but not all the time.  The CSnow does...
I just wanted to add my canker sore experience.   I have had them for as long as I can remember.  Maybe age 10?  My Dad had them and he must have passed them to me. They are so painful.  About 12 years ago I was at work with 2 whoppers and a coworker recommended Lysine.  She said she took it for a prolonged period and her sores never returned.  So I tried it.  That was 12 years ago, and I haven't had one since.  I took a large dose for about a month and then...
I love to tell my minimalist running story!!!   I am a new runner, just started this past July (I'm 35).  I always wanted to, my family are all runners, but I would get the worst shin splints. and i hated that jarring feeling in my brain every time my heel would hit. So painful and disconcerting.  I like to read just about anything and had read about minimalist running in the past.  I decided to jump on the treadmill one day in my socks and ran a mile, no problem,...
bumping up to get some more input! i recently started buying this and intend to use it exclusively for all baking. I just made the Buttermilk Bread (minus the butter) from Laurel's Bread Book and it worked great. I've made great muffins and choco chip cookies, but also failed bread and 'cupcakes'. Does anyone else use it exclusively? What are your favorite recipes?
I hope this is inspiration for anyone who wants to just get rid of the toys! I got really tired of all the toys hanging around. DD(5.5) and DS(2.5) just weren't interested in putting them away. DD and I discussed how we don't really argue much at all unless it is me getting mad about her stuff everywhere. It makes me more stressed because of the mess plus I have a hard time cleaning b/c of the stuff everywhere. So, about 4 weeks ago while she was at school I put ALL...
there is a post here called 'Wash your face with honey!' that has pages of good things to say. I have been using raw honey for probably 5 years, and it is awesome, just awesome. my face feels clean (I don't need the 'squeaky' feeling) and i use a very light moisturizer when i need it, usually wintertime only. i used to use moisturizer twice a day, and that was with a 'gentle' face cleanser from a box store. to wash with honey, i put a big glob on my damp hand, scrub...