or Connect

Posts by spunk

Thank you!  That was exactly why I posted - I know I was so uncertain about what kind of life she would have, and the way the doctors told me some parts of her condition made her sound like she was going to look like some science fiction project - I was so scared and upset ... and as you can see, she is a complete rockstar and all the little things the doctors said that scared me about her appearance I find completely and totally endearing.    Outside of her foot,...
When I learned at my 17-week ultrasound (I thought I was 20-weeks at the time) that my baby did not have a foot, and later learned of a ton of other various complications, this forum is where I came for some great support and advice from other parents of children that are a little bit different ...   In the weeks before my delivery, the unsympathetic doctors were using all sorts of scare tactics to get me to agree to an induced labor, telling me that my baby is dying...
Hey everyone - sorry I have been off the forum for a while - many of these posts came through a bit after my last post and I missed all the interest ... I will go through all the PMs and messages this week and get back with everyone - thanks!  Lina
Hi there - if you mean do I work for a company like Avon or Mary Kay and am trying to recruit people into my pyramid, no ... this is something I built myself just using my own intuition.   I want to share my business model with other women and I can either help set things up where I act like a mentor or a coach, or I can offer plenty of resources and point to online tutorials where anyone can self-teach themselves in areas they may need to build their business out in a...
Hey everyone - I met a lot of great women here when I was pregnant back in 2009 and going through a lot of rough times ... I initially sustained myself by doing a lot of writing jobs through various forums and I did really well with that ... however over the years, I have nurtured my business into a lot of other services and I have a lot of clients and my business takes in well over $10k in revenues every month.   After giving it a lot of thought, I figured out how I...
Yes, that is an option to get it removed, but doctors want to wait because she is so small and the risks of anesthesia is high until at least a year. Banding may be an option too - we see her ped next Thursday so may happen then, but really am hoping it comes off by then - it is totally dangling now and I am tempted to just twist it off if she is not bothered by it because it is barely on and literally dangling by what would be the thickness of a thuick piece of thread,...
My daughter was born without her right foot and in place of her foot was some extra tissue of which part of it was expected to just fall off - she is 6 months now and this "toe" as it is commonly referred to is obviously dying - it is turning blue and is appearing to scab up a bit - doctors want it to fall off naturally to avoid a procedure and it looks like it should happen any time now, but it is bothering her and causing obvious discomfort and sometimes pain (we have to...
I wrote my first Suite101 article - yah! It is a nicely maintained site - I hope I can build some residual income (and back links!) here with my content that I can't really use on my my sites. I got my first editorial response, and they asked me to "Highlight anchor text and use globe/chain icon to embed links" - what does that mean? I have looked everywhere to figure out what that means and I don't see any help anywhere on how to do that. Also, I earned one penny so...
Can Suite101 articles be used to embed backlinks like on other article networks? Does anyone have any experience with that?
My 5.5 month baby always fights going to sleep and the only way I can get her to go to sleep is when she is on this chair: http://www.1stbabyshop.co.uk/uploade...big/do_151.jpg In her crib, she will cry if she is about to go to sleep - she is fine in there when she is awake, but when she is tired she will just cry and cry - I have tried so many things to get her to see it is ok to go to sleep in her crib, and always no dice. Same thing with her swing. The chair...