or Connect

Posts by changes

Yes! From 18 months on, and I remember 3-4 was horrible. Later I understood he must be SPD. The pre-pooping behaviour oh wow, and he had a lot of atypical bowel movements a day, between 3-9 I believe... And the behaviour and tantrums, ohlala....and frequent too (thos not only pooping related though). When I realised  that some behaviour and frustraion must be related to pooping and probable oversensitivity and discomfort, we checked into food allergies and intolerances....
Thanks. I'm still sad. This wasn't our best day. When one thing doesn't go right, many others follow... I feel a bit more together but still sad underneath, diappointed, frustrated. I know I need time for myself. I crave for the alone time I'm getting, but there's always so much to be done so the real me-time is sometimes just not enough or I still keep on processing things in my head. Dealing with the fighting between the kids and especially the youngest one's issues...
When I heard dh wouldn't be home in time for X-mas (as he normally would but plans changed:-( ), which we (kids & I since it's our thing and our culture) were looking forward to so much, I couldn't help but break down feel sad and misunderstood and cry in front of the kids.  For days already we were happily anticipating the evening family celebration to come. Didn't help for me having flu this week and not feeling ok hardly having a voice to speak. And I felt so alone....
I don't really know why to ask that question but I did it anyway :-). Maybe because I realised there's women/men who work 2 days/week and call themselves (as) WOH, or there's families where both partners each work few days a week (alternately) who probably do the same, when WOH days may be less than SAH days a week. Then there's SAHM and expat women doing voluntary work (possibly paid here and there) but who mainly seem to see themselves as SAHM or SAHW (probably...
If you started doing (voluntary or low-paid, no benefits) OH work for just 1 or 2 days or let's say 6-12 hours a week, in the hours DH or DP doesn't, and so far you've been a full-time SAHM, do you still regard yourself mostly as a SAHM or a WOHM?
Yes, he can run and he does (preferably not with eyes closed !). Personally I do not concern about dystonia in my son (I remember your thread and hope your daughter is doing well (better)with the assistance she needs). My ds is pretty good at walking distances, I never have to carry him anymore, we can walk places. He has complained about being tired when he had an obvious reason to have really tired legs. His general motor development is good. It's just a pain regarding...
I first posted this under general parenting (maybe should have done in childhood years but didn't think of that form first), then asked for it to be moved to special needs since suspected it might fit here better. Does anyone here think this behaviour is typical for children with specific special needs/issues? It's not the only thing I'm oncerned about regarding my son, there's many more, but this is one that stood out lately so I wondered if it is or isn't neurotypical,...
I've done this at least on one occasion. I think it was at my son's 3d birthday party, when he got a plastic (realistic looking) toy gun including plastic 'bullets' (he got it from a then 9yo neighbourhood girl)! Since my child only just turned 3 I was pretty unprepared for that, and pretty shocked! It was also too late to take it away before anyone noticed, since my child, with the help of another older kid, had opened the present and packaging while everyone was...
Unfortuntely he's a child needing to hold hands; it took me a huuuuge effort to finally get to the point of him holding hands habitually (he's very touch-sensitive and has other sensory issues too that have been either hard or impossible to overcome) and it is definitely not time for him to let go when we are in or near traffic or even on the sidewalk. Sometimes there is no sidewalk, and sidewalks/roads in general are not in very good (safe) condition either, crossing,...
My six yo son sometimes drives me crazy by certain 'quirky' behaviours, especially when walking; not particularly because these are quirky, but because he does it at moments and in places where it is less than convenient (for instance, in traffic , and often when its dark, on stairs) and because it is physically inconvenient to me, as we're holding hands. He's also been tripping or falling, often while crossing a street (!), or even partly dragging me down in his fall...