or Connect

Posts by marigolde

Aww gee.. thanks!  :D
Thank you for replying..    Yes I think at the moment all we can do is be supportive and leave our arms open.  It`s tough to stay close to her, she seems to always be just out of reach :( Her mother had always did her best to keep her that way. She's all but cut her Papa out of the picture thanks to her mother & BF. Her mother has been telling her from day 1 that Papa is the enemy, and BF backs up that thought, even though we've done nothing but try and help her.  ...
I guess i should have done this a few posts ago and a few years ago.. but better late than never :) Hi  I'm Mari.. I registered years ago and then lost my internet. it's back, and i am too.  I am the other half of Papa, We are a blended family of 4 girls SD (21y) DD(14y) &  LO's (4y+2y) with 3 dogs, 2 horses, 1 official house Kitty, a barn full of 'donated' mousers, a field of cows and 1 old bull... I have a big family :D   Papa and I are on our first year farming...
I think it's a great idea.. I wish i had thought of it. Every time anyone asked it was like a tiny dagger in my heart, as i felt cheated by not being able to experience labour. I answered the 'How long was Labour?' questions by giving them the hours I waited before my scheduled CS. 'labour' for me started at 7am when i was told to check in, and it ended at 1:05 when my LO was born. It was very painful.
My SD is in an unhealthy relationship.. and yes while i realize everyone has their own path, and lessons to learn, i worry about her. After posting the other day (http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1360133/wwyd#post_17070066) I realized the problem was really the BF.. He isn't a nice guy, and I'm worried it will only get worse for her. He has been verbally abusive towards her father and I, and even took his frustration out on our Air Exchanger. We also have holes in...
We talked about bringing someone in who doesn't mind working on it before they move in.. Papa has a friend who might take on the job.  SD called after we sent a text telling her we loved her, we don't hold her accountable for the mess and our arms will always be open.. She's coming by tonight to clean it.. We'll see if BF comes too (really he should have to do it all by himself.. she's done enough.) Hopefully he decides to stay away, and Papa can have a better discussion...
Thank you for replying..     I've been thinking about looking for a tenant that doesn't mind doing work in lieu of rent, but i think it may be beyond that.. floors & walls need to come out and be replaced.. I would be very blessed to find someone willing to take on the job, it's a lot of work. And I worry about getting Burnt worse.   I love my SD and she takes no blame for the mess.. she works really hard to support herself, and her BF, and i know she is embarrassed, and...
My step daughter (21), and her boyfriend left the apartment we rented them a huge mess.. I can't open the door without the smell  hitting me in the face.. 2 dogs, 1 cat.. they never cleaned up after them, nor let them out. Now the carpet and the new kitchen floor needs ripped up. they lived there for 8 months, and for most of that time her boyfriend was not working.  We tried asking them to come back to help clean up, but they have said no... So now what?    We own...