or Connect

Posts by koby58

I think this is the right place for this, because its a kinship foster placement. At least, I think that's what its called. This story is slightly confusing, but I'll try my best to explain it. DD1 has been dating A for about two and a half years now. I don't know the family very well, so all of this is coming from either A or DD1. A's older sister (E) has three children ages: two months, 4 and 5. About a year ago E and her husband D moved to another state to clean up...
DD1 - around six or seven at friends DD2 - two or three at friends DD1 had terrible separation issues, DD2 was happy with anyone. DD1 was close by, and I was always a phone call away. DD2's best friend moved when she was four and by then she was having sleepovers 30 minutes away. She never had a problem.
This is new territory for me, because DD1 never went through any of this and my high school life was so long ago that I don't have any good advice to give her. DD2 has become very close with a group of friends over the summer. C, N and A. Now, DD dated and broke up with D who is one of N's very good friends. DD had some issues with D, but let everything go. He won't speak to her. ('Just friends' did not work out ). Recently (as in, past two weeks or so) these various...
any more ideas? DD's are still struggling....
Babysitters out here usually get about $10.00/hour, so tutoring would be a bit more, but they usually also get tips when they babysit. Both girls are excellent students. My DD is A's and a few B's and on the honor roll and the other girl is straight A's. Both are in honors and ap classes. Kids would be up to fifth grade. Some kids that young don't have attention spans long enough to sit for an hour. The girls have been checking around and what they're offering seems...
They have two half sisters. 'RG' is 6.5 and F is almost eight months. The plan is that RG will be able to read the book to her baby sister. When RG was born their dads wife put together a "Who Loves Baby?" book but didn't include the girls in it. What do you think of a "while we're not with you we'll be doing XYZ" (pictures studying, reading, sleeping, ect.) Those life books sound really interesting true2Him. Maybe I can get DD2 to make one from our trip to Disney...
got it in their heads to make a "Photo Book" for their little (half) sister who lives with their father. It's going to be a "Who Loves Baby?" Kind of book complete with pictures for when DD1 goes back to Vermont and DD2 starts school again and sees that side of the family less. But, the girls are drawing a blank on what to write. I am too. The book holds about 20 pages. This is what they have so far (names have been deleted): Hello Littlest Sister. It's the end of June,...
double post.. whoops
Thank you for your replies. I told DD that she might want to charge less and she's talking to the other girl about it. I'm less concerned about her going to other people's houses. If needed she would be able to get permission from the school to do tutoring there. But, she just possibly picked up two clarinet students to teach, so that may change her ideas from tutoring to just lessons.
DD2 came to me today with an idea. I told her two days ago that she needs to find some form of way to make income for the coming school year to help pay for gas and spending money for when the band goes to Europe. She is assistant directing all the high school plays this year and will be at school most days after school and a lot on Saturdays. She doesn't want to drop her extra curricular to get a job. Before she got involved in plays she tutored at the local elementary...