or Connect

Posts by crysmomofthree

I don't have any suggestions just know you aren't alone in this I have the exact same situation happening here I agree what works well is a lot of supervision. In these situations its not like you can sit and have coffee with your friend and let the kids run wild because they aren't good for each other they'll need activities that are structured and supervised
I wanted to mention with all this talk about the rota vax, I live in BC Canada the rota vaccine is not offered here. I have never in my mothering days (going on 11 years) heard of a child getting rotavirus here. I"m sure its out there, I'm sure there are children that get it, but its not a big disease that people here are worried about. And we are fairly civilized folk as an add on i'm a nurse at the hospital and i've never heard of a surge in rotavirus cases there...
just a note about the carrier, don't be surprised if they make you take the baby out of the carrier for take off and landing. I , like you, thought it would be great to wear my baby but the flight attendants refused to allow me to keep my baby in my carrier during the flight. apparently their reasoning is that in an emergency if I am unresponsive they would be unable to help the baby if he was attached to me. I think that's rather absurd but apparently there is no arguing...
well two of my five children have had chicken pox. of course this was a few years ago when the vaccine wasn't even available it was no big deal the kids seemed fine just some spots a mild fever (didn't even need tylenol) and 5 days out of daycare. My oldest got pertusis at 7 months, that was a more involved disease although never life threatening It did effect my schooling as my ds wasn't able to attend daycare for 6 weeks , but he was okay, no hospitalization,...
I understand where you are coming from. and I don't think you are being unreasonable but I believe your family will I"ve had 5 kids with my first two I needed and wanted help and no one was there to give it to me, my mother is too preoccupied with her own life and my ex husbands family was not interested. baby #3 with new dh, I was older, experienced and I new what I wanted time alone to hold and cuddle my baby, feed, and rock and nap together, and a husband at home...
we are using the deep litter method and plan on cleaning twice a year, except for under the roosts we have a sand filled tray and we are going to scoop the poop every week out of there. the nest boxes should have a cover that is a sharp slant so nothing can roost on top of them that will prevent poop in the nest boxes
I think at this age babies are still nursing at night because they need the nutrition. I think for kids who can't talk nursing should always be offered when they wake at night (unless your baby goes to sleep with a pat on the back then obviously they weren't hungry or thirsty) I still wake at night for a drink why wouldn't my baby? I nightweaned my kids around 14 or 15 months and not because I thought they should be nightweaned but because I returned to work and I...
oh now I read the article and I still think it was awful I would just be distraught if my baby was prevented from nursing
it took them six weeks to give him back? Jesus, they could have just screened him and given him back (not that I think that was a good thing ) but six weeks
Quote: Originally Posted by TranscendentalMom I've been researching like crazy and the best reviews I've seen are the Pacific Energy Summit. Basically, people say its very clean burning (hardly any smell), a heating beast with overnight burn capability, glass stays clean due to air wash and has a good ash dump system. Actually, I don't think I've heard anything negative except maybe the price (around $1600 plus $300 for the blower). But there are plenty...