or Connect

Posts by MommyKelly

I only have 1 sec to post but will come back and fill in. I do want to tell you that you should have him evaluated asap. I have 3 kiddos on the autism spectrum, and my dh has aspergers. I see all those types of things in my house from my kiddos....
We just downsized. We left the 6 bedroom 3 floor house with 2800 sf on almost 1/4 acre to move into 1900 sf (on a good day LOL) 4 1/2 bedroom (one room is an addition and really too small for a bedroom, so Dh keeps his music stuff in it).   We have 8 kids still at home. But with that being said we cut out house payment in HALF. That was far more important to us then space. And honestly it has been really freeing to get rid of so much random crap. (Still working on...
1st thing 1st contact her social worker and let them know you exist. Also with tribal courts are involved it becomes a much more difficult process. They always want to get the kids to stay within the tribe. Good luck!
Not all foster families will welcome you into their home. Ours did thankfully. But before that we spent A LOT of time on the phone. She also emailed me routine stuff about dd. I also got an awesome notebook filled with all the medical info stuff I needed that the state made! And a beautiful photo album from the foster family. As far as after contact that is up to you DP. We did because I feel in love with the foster family :) They were at our adoption. We still talk and...
My own mother would put down my Father while I was growing up. It only made me think less of her, or very often myself, since I looked just like him. I will not lie. I have a lot of hurt and anger I am working on moving past with my kiddos birth Moms. But I do not let them see it. I even took one of my dd for a visit last year with her birth mom and 1/2 sib. I also email pictures for all major events. I dont normally hear back, but I like to think that birth Mom likes to...
  I agree, which is why *I* refer to them as Mommy so and so. My kids actually refer them by their 1st name only or not at all as they seem to prefer. But this is their birth Mother. She helped create them, and no matter what choices she made I feel that if I did something that may "lessen" her as a person that may make my children feel less because they are genetically part of her.   I actually blogged about this kinda awhile back and got a really nice comment from a...
  One of my dd was born addicted to meth, given back then removed again, given back, removed again the last time when bio mom was smoking meth in the car with her in the car seat behind her while she drove. Showed up for 3 visits in 6 months (Only when she was in state ordered rehab and dd was taken to her) and never showed to court. So ya, I think referring to her as Mommy so and so is very generous. My other 2... Well one was traded for drugs if you get my point, the...
For us it is temp until bio Mom gets a lawyer and takes us to court to try to get them back. It was suppose to be a 6 month safety plan. That was 3 years ago June. She has since had another child that went into care at 6 mo (turned a year in June) and that adoption is almost finalized. ( We didnt ask to take that child since ds we got from that bio Mom has RAD and shaken baby. He is the youngest one in our home, and needs to stay that way IMO) We will eventually seek to...
My paperwork says "Temporary legal guardianship"  Iam in Az, their sending state is Al
  100% positive. I lived it. 2 of my kinship kids that the state got us to just accept guardianship of came with a teenage sister. She had RAD and was so out of control it took years for us to get over the damage. I still live with the after effects sometimes. It was the only way to remove her from our home. She is now in her 8th placement since leaving us 2 1/2 years ago. Sad situation.