or Connect

Posts by MommyKelly

I agree Momsteader. The oldest child we got and the one that had been through the most "stuff" 5 years later is a happy well adjusted kiddo. Her little brother is our one with shaken baby.   I agree with some being quick to label RAD. In our case it took 5 years and a whole bunch of other dx first ( early onset bi polar, adhd, ODD, Conduct disorder )  Now that we know what it is we have finally started the healing process. 
Hi :) I do not have any answers for you, but I wanted to bump this up so hopefully someone who does can help!
Hi and Welcome :)  How old is your son?
We adopted dd when she was 2 1/2. She is now 8 1/2. RAD has taken over our lives for years. She is now in a day treatment program, as well as working with several different therapist. We finally see some signs of healing.... Our almost 7 yo ds, we got 2 weeks after he turned 2 has healed from RAD, but still suffers from effects of the frontal lobe damage from shaken baby.   It amazes me how different kids react to different situations
I have a dear friend that has dealt with this many times, and is currently dealing with it. She is not on here but is on FB , as well as many support groups on there with Moms that have dealt with it. I can pass along that info in a PM to you if you want.
I have a waldorf mommy friend in Va. I am not sure if she is on here, so I will email her and ask how close she is. I know she runs a co op so hopefully will be near you!
I do not know of any curriculum like you mentioned. We use Melisa's curriculum from waldorfessentials.com and are very happy with it. I afraid a Waldorf curriculum like you are describing may not exist. 
My dd was born 10 weeks early and has different "stuff" going on. We ended up going the MRI route and I am super glad we did, since it found signs of damage we would have never known about. They wold have just suggesting things to treat symptoms of other things. Once the MRI was done, we knew what was going on and could move forward with some answers.    But yes I hated the sedation and was freaked out the entire time 
Hi :) I don't have any information to share but I saw your post and wanted to bump it up for attention. Hopefully someone will have something to share that will be of help.
I don't have any information to share but I saw your post and wanted to bump it up for attention. Hopefully someone will have something to share that will be of help :)