or Connect

Posts by AugustLia23

Just read through this for the first time, as I am newly single after 2.5 years that were mostly good. I am still in love with my new ex and so maybe this is part of what I needed to read to really lay in how I do NOT need to be getting into dating again. Really not sure why I'm feeling such a strong desire for it, but I definitely am. Also a full-time student and have three school aged children to keep me busy. Also, I know I have a lot of work to recover my heart from...
I'm also in nursing school. I've just begun my 3rd semester, with 3 semesters to follow. For Spring, we are taking our second Patho/Pharm combined class, our second Medical/Surgical class in the series and Health Promotion. We will also be having 2 clinical placements! It has been hard, but oh so satisfying, and I am trying to learn all that I can, and prepare myself for continuing on to work for my CNM as the ultimate goal. My children are now 6,8, and 9, and have made my...
Good advice above. Take it is one child at a time. Your feeling will likely change as time passes and your already present children age. I will say, I was an only and know that having an only child is harder in some ways than having two or more. Easier in other ways, of course, too.
Depends on what constitutes a big family for you. I am a mama to 3 lovely kids, and am currently in a forced break while I finish nursing school. I am literally counting the days until I can have more. Started out wanting a ton of kids, like 10 or something, then had one and thought maybe 4 was enough. By baby no. 3 my relationship totally fell apart and so I've paused there. I know in my heart that I'll never feel "done" having children, and I'm at peace with...
A bit late on coming into this thread, but wanted to share. I have 3 children, all "sired" by the same anonymous sperm donor. They are 9,8, & 6, and healthy vibrant children. No health issues, nothing. We also are fortunate to be in touch with other parents of the donor's offspring. My ex and I are separated, but share custody with the children, who see us both regularly. We also have good relationships with all of them,   But, to answer the question posed, I regret...
You're right, I've gotten WIC in Oregon and Mass, and in both those states vaccines were not really brought up. I'm pretty sure the federal ruling on that issue overrides whether the state department asks for it. From a cursory search, it looks like the WIC clinics offer free vaccinations, so that may be why they ask for records. Your mileage may vary, and if they give you trouble for providing an exemption, just ask for the law that requires you to vaccinate to receive...
I can't speak to army requirements (though I'm pretty sure the vaccines are only required for the person ON duty), but I know with absolute certainty that vaccines are NOT a requirement to be eligible for WIC or Foodstamps. If she is breastfeeding, which she *should be if you plan on not vaccinating (well, she she should anyways), than wic continues to be the staples for her until the babies are old enough for solids.    For my unvaccinaed children it has only rarely...
I think even if you are opposed to nursery school or daycare, you should strongly consider getting to know a babysitter you can trust, or a mothers helper. Even a fellow mom friend who you could do a trade with, it really does take a village, and it will only benefit him to realize that other people can meet his basic needs besides just you, esp. if his father works so much.   I believe that we pay too much attention to our children in the wrong way in this society....
Thanks for all the responses. I am 25 years old and can still remember walking the 3 miles from my bus stop to school when I was 8 years old and missed the bus. At 9 I was taking public transportation to school on my own.   My kids are 6, 5, and 3 and I want them to have the same independence as I had. The older two go around my block on their own(not crossing the street) and the last time they took the 3 year old with them! This did make me nervous, but I know that...
I've been doing it for about 6 months to be able to stay in my huge 4 bedroom house. While it hasn't been perfect, we do just fine and being able to swap childcare has been great. I think there is a definite benefit to living with people of different mindsets/ideas.