or Connect

Posts by kamilla626

Help me not waste this: Celery Tips for selling on CraigsList (Here's a tip: rubbery old vegetables don't sell)
So... what is everyone eating this early on? Post-baby saggy, baggy belly skin (num num num!)
Baby not invited to wedding?? Marriage without wedding
How dilated/effaced are you? When can kids play outside alone?
Neighbor target shooting in backyard I need to vent NOW. Hamster related incident.
Dd's name is Taryn, and we still love it. She sometimes gets frustrated that we can never find her name on personalized keychains (toothbrushes, mugs, etc.) but she likes her name. It's interesting... every once in a while we will discover another adult Taryn while we're out shopping somewhere. So far we've met a Taryn working at the shoe store, at Old Navy, and at Sears. Apparently the name is well-suited to a career in retail! I used to be a little...
Bikini wax anyone? Today's the big day!
She ended up going, with plan that I would take her home if she wanted to leave. Of course, the 2 other kids she was most worried about didn't even show up. She was a little tearful at one point about other kids having more tokens/tickets than her, or about the birthday girl getting stuff that she's always wanted, but overall she had fun. Later in the evening I talked with her about how different her imagination was compared to reality. "Remember how worried you...
She ended up going, with plan that I would take her home if she wanted to leave. Of course, the 2 other kids she was most worried about didn't even show up. She was a little tearful at one point about other kids having more tokens/tickets than her, or about the birthday girl getting stuff that she's always wanted, but overall she had fun. Later in the evening I talked with her about how different her imagination was compared to reality. "Remember how worried you...
meemee - excellent suggestion, and thanks to everyone for the input. I think I get "stuck" on trying to get her "UNstuck"! I get too focused on helping her feel better right away, rather than just being with her in her discomfort. It's so hard to see her unhappy, so my instinct is to try to fix it. I was an anxious kid, so I try to remember that the worst part of it (for me at least) was how isolating it feels to be freaking out about something and be totally alone...