or Connect

Posts by sarahtar

I like this recipe for canned beef stew: http://preparedldsfamily.blogspot.com/2010/10/beef-stew-with-vegetables-recipe-for.html I use our own beef broth or stock instead of the soup base.
I usually freeze in freezer bags or with my Air Sucker Outer system. (ummm... can't remember the name, but it's one of those machines that sucks the air out of a bag and then seals it.) We have a large chest freezer from circa 1960, but currently, it's full with chickens and an entire cow, lol. We tend to try to focus on canning meals and food instead of freezing, because I like to have a goodly amount of food storage (6 months or so) and I like that food storage to be...
Back from camping in UT, where we were rear-ended and spent the better part of two days getting a new exhaust system so that we could safely limp home. Yup. Super fun. It was, however, nice to have no humidity and cool evenings (and relatively cool days) compared to the 115 or so heat index here at home in our non-air conditioned house. I still have to get the rest of the car repairs done, so this should be a super fun week. We did get to hike up our favorite mountain in...
Yeah, my SIL did that gift from the new baby thing. I don't know. Both of the older sibs then had the impression that the baby came out with a present, and... I don't feel like instilling that kind of fiction. We got my DS a small gift for the day his sister was born, and told him that she had asked us to get it for him, which is close enough to the truth that I was OK with it. He really likes presents, though. My daughter could care less about gifts or new things. She's...
I work FT from home running my own business. I haven't decided when to shut things down before this baby, because I want to stay open as long as possible there before Christmas, you know? I'll probably cut back after Thanksgiving and close up entirely in mid December. (I'm not due until the end of the month.)
We are going to wasatch mtn state park near Heber City. We used to have a family reunion every other year at Bear Lake. DH's uncle owns a bunch of property up there, including, um, the pizza place with the giant pizza? (Bear Lake Pizza Co, maybe??) and some raspberry shake place. Apparently, he's kind of a prominent businessman in the area. *shrug*Mummoth - CONGRATS!! Have fun!!
My response comes from the perspective that midwives provide more than just a birth. I believe all of the HB midwives in my area will provide solely prenatal care for women who cannot have a homebirth, with the patient transferring to an appropriate OB towards the end. Perhaps this MW prefers to discuss these things in person at an appointment. It's hard to know. I personally would not be able to deal with this MW's way of doing things, either, but that doesn't mean that...
I guess, my personal opinion is that what you might be taking as disinterest might just be her regular way of practicing. There's nothing WRONG with what she's doing, but it doesn't seem to line up with your expectations. Clearly, better communication (from both of you) might help, but if her regular way of doing business does not jive with what you want from a midwife, then she's clearly not the midwife for you.
When my DD was born, DS was 4.5. So during that pregnancy, he was obviously able to pretty fully grasp what was going on, he was really into watching videos of mamas having babies with me, I could talk to him about what was going to happen during the birth, and after the birth, and what life might be like with a baby, etc., and he understood. And we could have a two-way conversation. This time around, DD is 2 (though she'll have just turned 3 when the baby comes). We're...
insidevoice - he's obviously terrified of your hormones, lol. I'd have been furious and would have called someone, too. We don't have much going on here. I'm taking advantage of the increase in energy to complete some projects like re-organizing our homeschool room in anticipation of starting school on Aug 1, sorting through stuff in the kids room to make room for yet another dresser for the new baby, cleaning out the rabbit shed, etc. We are camping for 10 days in the...