or Connect

Posts by newmomrose

Our daughter needed to be bounced to sleep most of the time until she was nearly a year old. I held her for almost all naps, bouncing on the exercise ball and nursing her to sleep, or bouncing her in the ERGO, or bouncing her wrapped in a blanket in my arms. It was a slow process to get her to sleep laying down, and EVERY time there was a new milestone, she got really really difficult to get to sleep. Learning to crawl and learning to walk were some of the worst. She...
I haven't been withholding, but I found out that the amount we have paid is less than the cutoff for SS, medicare, and unemployment contributions. I did go ahead and get a tax ID number and we will give her a W-2 at the end of the year. We only used her part-time for three months while I had a long-term substitute teaching job so the total payments don't amount to too much. I will be working next school year though so this is all good to know! We are considering doing a...
Thank you so much, this is just what I needed!
How does your baby respond to your pushing from the outside? I recall towards the end of my pregnancy being able to get my baby to move a bit, rotate from left to right, by me pushing gently on her feet, knees, or butt. How does your baby respond to position changes from you? Have you tried the position where you get on your knees and rest your head down on the floor (on a pillow)? Have you talked to your care provider about external version? How does your care provider...
Great question! I will be anxiously awaiting more responses with various experiences! We are in a similar position as you - our 15 month old usually does well for naps, but bedtime is sometimes a big struggle, and it's hard to get a consistent time. I went back to work three months ago, and we have been working hard at consistency the entire time, and sometimes she's asleep by 9:30, sometimes 11:30 (haven't had a 1:00AM since before I started working again, luckily!)...
I would imagine this has been covered before, but had no luck in my search... so, I worked all spring, and kept track of the payments I made to our childcare provider, who worked in our home, caring for only our child. She would like to claim the money as income and be above-board on her taxes, and I would like to claim the payments as childcare expenses for us. What do we need to do to make sure we have things documented correctly? Is there a particular form we need...
Wow, our baby has NEVER EVER EVER gone to bed anywhere near 8PM. In our previous life (before baby), we were usually up until 11PM most nights. Does your baby stay asleep even as you are doing stuff around the house? We have a very small house, like you can clearly hear the dishwasher from the bedrooms. Should I expect her to be able to sleep through household noises? Since about 6 months or so she doesn't fall asleep unless it is quiet and dim (before that we could be at...
Thanks for the advice! This week we will try getting up at 9 every day, and try really forcing an earlier nap. Yesterday she napped from 1-2 and then we tried again at 4ish - she fell asleep but then woke up WIDE awake when we tried to lay her down. Then at 8 she was exhausted, fussy, rubbing her eyes, and clumsy. So, we gave in and put her in the ERGO, she fell asleep easily at 8:15, slept until 9:15, then woke up WIDE awake again, and didn't go back to sleep until...
My daughter has ALWAYS gone to bed for the night LATE. As she was gradually getting her days and nights straightened out in the first 6-8 weeks, her longest stretch of sleep would be from 3AM to 7 or 8AM. She was fussy at night and had a really hard time letting go and falling asleep in the evenings, even if she had easily fallen asleep for 3 or so naps during the day. The hours between 8 PM and 3AM would be fraught with short short bursts of sleep, broken up by longer...
Our house is the same - wood floors with a rug in the living room. Our baby crawled at 7 months, and at 9 months is cruising, close to walking. She has had many head-bonks and some bruised knees, but she's not letting it slow her down! When she was first crawling I was very watchful of her and would position her on the rug or on blankets, but she got more control pretty quickly, and now mostly only hits her head when she's getting tired. So no advice, really, just saying...