or Connect

Posts by OperaDiva

My DH is circ'd, never had a UTI but I've had a few yeast infections.
Just thought I'd give this a bump back up while I'm thinking about it. One year ago today I had a whole, intact, beautiful 3 week old baby boy. 3 weeks later, I almost lost him because of a stupid cosmetic surgery. I have shared my story in many different places, and had several friends decide they will never circ sons because of my DS's experience. It doesn't change anything for my son, but hopefully changes a few lives down the road.
Haven't posted here in a while, but I just wanted to say that DS's urologist said the plastibell actually has a HIGHER risk of complications, it's just easier to do Unfortunately that ended up being the case for us, DS almost died the day he got circ'd, he slowly hemmorhaged for a few hours (and I mean SLOWLY, it really didn't look like much at first), until we got him back to the ER and he got a blood transfusion and second surgery. Worst day of my life, bar none.
Dr. Sharon Dennis in Arlington, I've heard great things about her
Totally weird suggestion, but...maybe put plastic wrap over your boobs under your bra? That way you could even change clothes entirely and they'd still be safe.
I saw one the other day that had the slogan "Foreskin is not a birth defect" but now I can't remember where...
The newly formed Tarrant County Birth Network is having it's first meeting this Thursday, March 11th from 6-8 pm at the Fort Worth Central Library - Chappell Meeting Room. More information on this event can be found here. Hope to see you ladies there, together we can help the women of Tarrant County take charge of their birth experiences!
I met with Dr. Rosnes once, he was very nice and seemed extremely knowledgeable. Thankfully I did not have to go back so I don't know where he delivers.
I wore Lilypadz starting at about 3 months and they were FABULOUS! They are adhesive and I only leaked once ever (despite crazy oversupply/overactive letdown), and that was because I didn't put it back on correctly. They don't show through any type of clothing, I even wore them with a cute slinky nightgown http://www.mom4life.com/catalog.php?item=19
Thank you! I just did a search and there was a thread asking this same question about 2 years ago, and they also gave Dinah's name. I am unfortunately at least 40-50 miles from each place I've found so far, so I may e-mail Dinah and see if she knows of anyone further South.