or Connect

Posts by ollyoxenfree

The dressing for my broccoli salad is a combination of low fat plain yogurt, low fat mayo and lemon juice, sweetened with a little sugar. It is nicely creamy and has a good balance of flavours. 
I like chai flavoured stuff too. DD bought a pumpkin chai latte with maple agave syrup a couple of days ago and I had a sip. It was yummy enough for a dessert substitute too, and perfect for our cooler autumn weather. 
Quote: Originally Posted by TinyMama    --space (planets and constellations) --U.S. geography --Greek mythology --geology --Harry Potter (up to #4--I won't let her go further) --cats     Geocaching or letterboxing? Looking at that list, the space,geography and geology suggest that she might enjoy the combination of cartography and treasure hunting. I'm assuming she was doing some rock collecting with her geology obsession. Geocaching needs some parental help, at...
   Me too. And my dc! 
Before agreeing to assume POA on behalf of several people, you should consider possible conflicts of interest. For example, if there are 2 family members and both have an interest in family property, it may be one person's interest to sell and use the proceeds to pay for nursing home care but the other person may not want to sell or may be better off staying in the home. There should be a mechanism to figure out a resolution for this kind of conflict. How does one person...
Potato and leek soup here tonight too. With some fresh whole wheat honey oat bread.    I have a surplus of peaches and nectarines from the farmer's market because I couldn't resist getting both. I know I should make a crumble or a pie or something with them before they spoil. 
 Yes, I noticed that about a week ago. This summer has disappeared. It is very cool today and definitely autumn has arrived. Risotto for us tonight. Easy, warm, filling. 
(((Hugs))). That sounds so tough for you both.    Has the teacher said how long it takes for him to stop crying and settle in with some friends after you leave?    Do you have an idea of how they are trying to comfort him during that time?   Is there a window or other place you can observe without him being aware that you are still there, so that you can see for yourself how he does after you go?    In the thread about preschool and crying at transition times,...
I'm feeling quite frugal tonight. I took the leftover ingredients from last night - roast chicken (there wasn't much), some already chopped onion and parsley, some garlic and a chopped orange bell pepper and sauteed it all together in olive oil.  I cooked up some couscous, added some currents and toasted almonds and the sauteed chicken/onion/bell pepper mixture. Added some za'atar and cumin and a little cinnamon.    Voila! Dinner in less than 15 minutes, from the time I...
Our friends have a combination-coded lock and a security system instead of a traditional key. Their children were able to use the combination from a fairly young age - much younger than 13. An advantage is that you never have to worry about lost or forgotten keys. Is it possible for you to use this kind of system? You would always be aware when someone entered your home. It would discourage your ex from unauthorized entry.    I suppose instead of a full-on security...