or Connect

Posts by NicoleS

When I was using it I ordered mine from http://www.clickremedy.com/modules.p...pping&catid=17 It took about 3 weeks to arrive.
Just a quick update here - had Caleb in for a weight check and vaccine today. The allergist said he didn't have an allergy, but because he doesn't handle the vax well he will be getting one every 2 weeks from now on...anyways, he's gained 2 pounds and 3/4ths of an inch in the last 6 weeks (since we switched to formula), so everyone is very happy about that!
Katie, I know that there are some people that believe that after 6 months of age babies do not need to eat overnight if they are getting enough to eat during the day. And there are so many versions of "CIO" and "sleep training" out there... Since Caleb is now on bottles we do the "binky test" here because I found sometimes he'd suck two sips and go right back to sleep, and we'd have a wasted bottle. So if he starts to fuss I try putting the binky in him and making...
Checking in right quick...Things are really busy here with the start of homeschool. Just waiting for the kids to get cleaned up for lunch. I got the proofs for Caleb's 6 month professional shots today. If anyone would like to see: Please visit http://www.collages.net, and fill in the following information: Username: Senadanos Month 6 Password: 6223 And yes, I know my photographer has lousy spelling. It will ask you for your email to log in, but they...
Oh, and I am looking for a parttime job, and have something that might be panning out. If it goes through I won't be online much anymore. You can add me on Facebook if you want, just tell me you are from MDC so I know who you are.
On the nursing thing, no help there. We have officially gone to full formula, and Caleb is better for it - he's gained a pound and a half in the last month! That puts him at 17.5 pounds and about the 35th percentile (up from the 20th or so last month). I think some people are just blessed to be better producers than others. Even domperidone didn't work for me. I took a couple of pics Thursday, so thought I'd share. Caleb will be 7 months tomorrow. That's a 12...
Quote: Originally Posted by Katie34 Swaddle blanket question: Can anyone recommend a good swaddle blanket for 15 or 16 pounds and up? We have been swaddling again and it is fine- we use the miracle blanket. And I like it but it is getting too small. Athena was my only child that needed swaddling at that size, I just bought knit fabric and used that to make our own blanket big enough. On the pumping thing, I'd pump a little this week as you...
I would also suggest WIC - as a nursing mom you'll get food until she's a year, and at 6 months she'd get infant cereal and jarred baby food as well. We've been feeling the squeeze here as well: I've started looking for a parttime shift where I can work a couple of hours in the evening. DH is home by 3 most days, and Caleb is taking a bottle now, so if I could find something that was say 4-10 a couple of nights a week it would help.
Anyone have any experience with weaning where the child wasn't sleeping through the night? We had to switch Caleb to formula - I was hoping to nurse at night but my milk dried up in 2 days. But he's used to nursing to sleep, and the bottle just isn't cutting it - he's not hungry, so gets angry when there's milk. If I try to lay him down awake he's up again less than an hour later. Last night I ended up holding him (while holding a binky in his mouth) for over an hour...
Quote: Originally Posted by flavorfull1 Anyone have experience with this: DS has occasionally woken up screaming/crying hard. Nothing seems to preceed it, he will just cry and not stop. He is not actually awake and no amount of me talking, moving him, or lights will wake him up. We literally just have to wait until he wakes up. Once he wakes up, he is totally fine. Is this normal? Has anyone had this happen before? It sounds like night...