or Connect

Posts by Newbian Mama

OH MY GOSH PUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   How absolutely exciting. I can't wait to hear all the details. I'm so very happy for you and of course for you FS being placed in such a loving home.
That sounds very well thought out. So far I have seen 3 kids under 3 in our "adoptable kids" books so know that they are out there. How is your daughter progressing so far? Is she ready for another sib (possibly a sister)?   I am very excited but trying to keep my cool. I let myself become overly invested in a sibling set I saw online and cried when I discovered they'd been matched. I don't want that to happen again.The boy that my homestudy is in review for is 10,...
Deborah - Lucky doggy! :)   sk8boarder15 - Welcome to the group! How exciting to be in the beginning stages of the process. I'm not sure about income verification in the private sector but at my agency, I was only asked to provide a written sheet of assets and debts. They wanted to make sure I could take care of myself.   QueenJane - Two weeks, sweet! Is six too old for you? I know you had expressed some ambivalence about adopting another older child.   AFM -...
Do you think you'll go or do you feel like your on "information meeting" overload?    I went into my agency yesterday and looked at the binders of waiting children. It was emotionally taxing and a bit scary. I chose a couple of kids to inquire about but none felt like "my kid". I felt guilty passing up on most of the kids. I also went to listen to a panel of adoptive parents speak about their experience with the system and parenting their kids. It was interesting but...
Deborah - Those all sound like reasons to go with a different agency. When are you able to meet with Adoption Options?   PUH - Thank you so much. I'm going to keep a copy on me at all times :) That is the good thing about CA, that most forms are available online, it's just a matter of finding it. Any new calls yet? I don't know how you're able to work. I'm on pins and needles today!   Queen Jane - Any updates from your social worker yet?   How's everyone...
Wow you're busy! I hope you did great on your final. What happened at LFS to dissuade you and your husband from using them? Was it an issue with your mom? I'm very glad you have an alternatvie already lined up and I remember you said said you liked AO as much as LFS.
  You know I thought the same thing, maybe I'm cynical. I'll have to check the Adoptuskids page because I've only seen glowing reviews on mainstream websites.           Thank you, Lauren! ;)
Thanks for doing that, PUH.   AFM - I finally heard back from my social worker and my homestudy is approved!!! I go in to sign it tomorrow and then I can look at the book of waiting children. I'm so very excited! I actually saw a sibling set on a local website and I want to get more information about them. I'll have to remind my social worker of that tomorrow so she can submit my home study. Yay!
PUH - So exhilirating! Thanks so much for sharing. I'll probably pass out when I get the call lol. Don't worry about getting calls. When my mom did care we would get calls everyday for 10 days or so then nothing for 3 days, etc. You;ll get another call fairly soon. Where'd you get the list of questions to ask? Would you post them, if you're comfortable.   Deborah - Hurry up and go the meeting so you can update us! Lol. I hope the meeting turns out even better than...
PUH - OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I'm so excited for you! This process is such a roller coaster ride. First you're waiting and waiting, then you're finding another agency, now you're going to have a kiddo placed with you at any time. Can you explain how the call worked? Did your case worker call you and read the file or was the call from the kid's social worker?   Deborah - How exciting for you. It sounds like you'll be making a big decision today.