or Connect

Posts by Newbian Mama

What made you change your mind? I'm open to either gender, but then again, I 've never parented.
It's a great thing that your girls already knew you and your husband and you already had a bond with them. That's quite a whirlwind you had going on for 15 days!   I haven't began the mandated classes yet and no one has mentioned changing SSNs. Even when I've read about it in books/articles it only refers to children adopted internationally. It makes perfect sense to change the SSN for the reason you mentioned but I never thought about it. Did you have access to...
You've given me quite a lot to think about! I think with the older kids, you pretty much know what you're getting into and the younger kids are more of a gamble. But who knows, maybe I'm just hoping it's that way.   Before going into this I was adamantly opposed to changing an older child's name. I had no clue, as you and a SW have pointed out, that some kids absolutely want to change their names for a fresh start. That'll teach me to offer an opinion on something I...
Oh my gosh that's a crazy timeline! I just read a story two days ago about a woman who adopted the boy her parents fostered. Same situation as your but not the super speedy adoption. One weekend to choose names? Did you like the ones they chose? lol.   You mention your very supportive husband, which I don't have, which is why I don't believe I can handle a sib group yet. I do like the idea of an older child. On one hand I want to have a narrowed age range but on the...
Katherine - I wonder if the FFA is just saying that to scare you off. Or if you the woman was just having a bad day. Don't let one attitude/opinio dissuade you from your goal of adopting more children. What if those boys are still waitlisted in 3-4 months? There has to be other FFA's who are willing to work with you. The agency I'm with says families can only fost-adopt if the kid is "special needs" otherwise it's concurrent planning BUT they accept anyone is wants to...
OH my gosh how exciting!! How long has the child been with you? Early November will be here before you blink.
Thanks for clarifying about the AAP. Do you know why the FFA takes $80? I've heard either the FFA pays AAP on top of what the state pays or they pay what the state would've paid you. I haven't been able to confirm this though. It really doesn't matter to me because AAP was a surprise in and of itself.   I'm sorry if I misread before about your social worker. I definitely empathize with gov't employees having their hands tied. It's quite unfortunate because it leaves the...
  Congratulations on your approval! I hope you have the report in the mail by the end of the month.
MountainMamaGC - Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm glad you mentioned the stress thing. When I was TTC my cycles were perfectly normal and predictable as long as I was in the monitoring stage. As soon as I started to count days to ovulation my cycle would go insane. I didn't think I was stressed but apparently by body was. Perfomance anxiety maybe? :)   QueenJane - Okay that explains things with your son. I knew I had been gone for a couple of years but not long...
On my gosh, so many thoughtful comments and questions to respond to and my eyes are so tired. I will definitely respond to everyone after I rest a bit.