or Connect

Posts by nicholeraine

My son(4 in March) has had everything on Dr. Sears selective schedule. I am planning on him having the MMR at some point, though, either this summer right before he starts school or next summer before he starts full days. I haven't made my mind up yet though, so would it be easier at this point to just get the exemption form filled out and notorized and give the school that with his registration? I would like to register him soon and I am just NOT comfortable taking him...
My older son is almost 4, and the baby is 2 days old. I have a double bed, and we do all fit(just mama and the babies) but I'm feeling a bit nervous at night and having trouble falling asleep. I've been sleeping in the middle of the kids, with the baby on the side that is pushed against the wall. No heavy bedding or pillows, and my older son has been surprisingly good about not moving around at night and staying in his spot. It's just nerves making it tough to fall...
Thanks for the link. That's a good idea.
I have made the choice not to date while raising my kids. No relationships, no more. I was single for 3 years, from the time I was 5 months pregnant with my first child to when he was 2 and a half.. I made the choice because the relationship with my first son's dad was just so horrible. Then I reunited with someone I'd known for 12 years and we got together and he turned out to be extremely emotionally abusive, he wore me down so much and not only did he hurt me but he...
How do you do it? The emotional abuse broke me down to feeling like I was completely worthless. Every time I think of it, I have panic attacks. I feel sorry for my son who was involved in the emotional abuse. I feel bad for the baby I'm carrying who has to live his life with this man as his father. I cannot deal with the memories at all. I just want to move on with my life but this man still scares me, and even thinking of him gives me panic attacks. I got a restraining...
Yes, I want to keep doing everything I was doing to prevent GBS colonization when labor happens. The test was a big deal but I also do not want to have GBS at the birth and risk the baby getting infected. I just don't know that twice weekly peroxide treatments is enough now, since I had done 6 days before the test.   I had planned on using hibiclens but it's only available by prescription where I am in Canada.
I'm 38 weeks 2 days now but PROM is a concern, I didn't think of that. I wonder if switching to applying the peroxide with fingers or just putting it in the opening would work as well. I had considered switching to just a peri bottle to spray it with. Hmmm.
There's more info here about using peroxide for vaginal infections.. I did have bv as well and am completely symptom free http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/vagInfections.html.
Peroxide is naturally produced by the healthy bacteria in the vaginal, and actually really commonly used for BV and yeast infections. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14676737 I did read an abstract on it killing gbs bacteria although I did so much research it would take a while to find it. It is very commonly recommended by midwives and even here on mothering.com for gbs prevention though. The allicin in the garlic works as a natural antibiotic. I eat it to help treat...
I was positive for GBS in my first pregnancy which led to being induced when my water broke before contractions started. This time I'm having a home birth and one of my biggest worries was a repeat of that situation(my midwife has a policy to induce after 4 hours of water breaking if there are no contractions and you are GBS+), so I did a pretty intense regimen to prevent GBS. I thought I'd share in case anyone is in a similar situation!   I started probiotics in the...