or Connect

Posts by junebugmidwife

Thread tangent: Ocelotmom, what kind of ducks do you have? We have chickens, I have thought of adding ducks but not sure how many new animals I want in the mix with a newborn. I have a friend who can hook me up with some Muscovys...
First kick: January 2 EDD by first kick: June 2 EDD: 5/31 I went to 42 weeks with the last one--maybe this means I'm in luck this time?
What floweringkale said. You work in L&D, so you know how much faster those second babies come--this will work for you, too, I promise! I had some of the same worries with my second you are having now. I had a very long difficult labor with my first, pushed for almost 5hrs and he was born direct OP, 7.5lbs. Labor with baby #2 was 4 hours from the first contraction to birth with a 9# baby I pushed out in 10 minutes! It hurt more than I remembered, but then it was all over...
I am so sorry for your loss. Hope you are surrounded by love and support.
Some women find increasing calcium and magnesium supplements makes the BH contractions better.
I have never used pins on 2 CD'ed babies, just wrap-style covers with velcro. I have occasionally use Snappis with pull-on covers. Don't worry, your boy will be fine. ;) And if you don't use pins, you won't poke him (or yourself).
The 4mg dose is standard for women who have a history of a neural tube defect. WifeofAnt--that's super interesting about MTHFR, I never knew that!
I am (and will be) 38. I'm on & off considering genetic screening--never have done it with my other two. But you know, now that we're so *old*.... I feel really grounded, this babe feels solid already, and have a real sense that s/he is just fine. I suppose we have some time to think it over. What are others planning to do? I don't think I'd want to know, just deal with issues when the baby comes if there are any. I do plan an ultrasound around 20wks to rule out any big...
I'm 38 (and will be still when baby comes), this is #3 and a big surprise! (I have a long history of infertility....) Due late May (but I always go past my due date so I'm thinking more like June). Guessing this one is a girl! (According to pulse testing and the old Chinese gender prediction calendar, which have been accurate in the past.) Wow, I can't believe I'm pregnant!!! (DD is only 21 months!) I can't believe I could end up tandem nursing, never would have thought...
Hi midwives,   I am a midwife myself, and looking for some insight into my own postpartum laceration healing.  I haven't seen it happen this way much with clients, but here's the story: I am exactly 5 weeks postpartum with my second baby, had an epis for bradycardia (FHR in the 60s and lower) and thus had a 2nd degree laceration, which was repaired.  I have been puzzled by the on and off red bleeding I've had, worse with exertion.  Had a few exams postpartum which...